Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problem with GPS sky controller and follow me

SalsaDura

Reaction score
Hi. I just bought Anafi drone but encounter an issue while trying to use Follow Me and smart dronies. It is that my sky controller doesn't lock with GPS when checking before lunching, so I can't use them. I was able to lock to GPS only once out of several attempts and those smart functions worked perfectly. The drone and Phone lock to GPS without problem every time, but the skycontroller not, why is that? Does anyone have any idea if there is any fix for this? Best regards and thank you..!

There is no GPS in the controller, just the Anafi and your phones GPS. Make sure your phones GPS is turned on.
If there is no GPS in the controller so what is the device then? Before lunching follow me, the pilot app checks Gps in drone, device and phone. And it shows that device is not locked. What is device then? It has to be controller because what else?

It checks the GPS on the Anafi, the GPS on your phone and the Barometer on your phone or tablet if it has one. Some phones do not.
But the problem is when I use the drone with my phone only, without the controller, it connects every time and let me fly but.... drone does't follow,just watch me, but the function works at least. I can mark myself into this green square. Besides, without controller it only checks GPS on the drone and phone but not device, there are only 2 marks check as oppose to 3 marks check while using with sky controller. Im using Note 9, this is very new and power-full phone, it has everything, even barometer :) The location feature on my phone is always on and I guess this is a GPS related.

Look on page 70 of the Anafi user guide. It will explain it and has a picture of what it checks in follow me.
But anyway thank you for your help, i have to spend some more time with the drone to figure it out. Tomorrow I will get back to it!

Do you have another phone that you could try to rule out any problems with the phone you are using?
Today I played for some time with my phone and the flight app and found a solution!! It turned out that by some mistake I didn't give all necessary permissions to the app , mainly, video permission was marked negative, so I changed it. After that, I took the drone and rode to the place I use to fly my drones and It works! I was able to lock to GPS , thus, Follow me worked perfectly every time I tried! But then I encounter another problem, my Anafi almost fall dawn from the sky! But Im gonna write about it in separate post! Thank you again for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k