Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Procedure for drone falling in water?

Magnus

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm having a bit of an emergency!

Was gifted a cool drone, and 4 weeks in quarantine I have made it a drowned. I was testing out the follow me update when suddenly the drone flew into a branch and quick dove into nearby water. I instinctively dove in after to recover it. I got it out, removed the battery, drained the water and ran home screaming. I dried it with compressed air and a blow drier. Sat it in rice over night. What else can I do/should I do? I went with my basic knowledge of electronics to try and salvage it. Also it was completely submerged, about elbow deep.

Hope and pray.
Even if it was fresh water and you flushed it afterwards with destilled water, there is always the chance of some current finding sideways, now.
In the end, you will need to try anyway.

What us the battery saying? Leds are showing?

Hope and pray.
Even if it was fresh water and you flushed it afterwards with destilled water, there is always the chance of some current finding sideways, now.
In the end, you will need to try anyway.

What us the battery saying? Leds are showing?

Battery was flashing the 1st and the 4th LED. I'm about to test the drone during my lunch time.

Take a bag of rice and pour onto the anafi with the battery next to it in a box with cover and let it sit for 48hrs.

This happened to me in July 2018. It was underwater at 60 ft for 4 hrs. After the 48hrs in rice it was fully operational and flew. I was never confident it would stay that way so it's been a parts bird/display. I have a total of 5 Anafi's and this parts bird.

Most of my flights are over water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44