Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prop screws?

Icemanpro

Reaction score
I recently changed my propellers and by the very simple and basic photo a to a and b to b guide i was given, apparently some of the props didn't stay on as I tried to take off. In the process I lost 2 of the new props but the big issue i have is the screws for those 2 and the other 2 that I was able to recover were gone in the grass somewhere. Anyone know what type and size screws these are, and where to purchase them?

For the size: Pull another one and use it as sample!

Not sure but I seem to remember in the past trying to purchase them on their own but had no luck. They do come with the Parrot propeller packs, I know here in the UK they are around £11, cannot see them being much more elsewhere, and that then gives you spares screws and props.

I really don't know how the screws would come out in the first place. Did you tighten them? They do come with some kind of lock tight when new but I have had mine on and off many times and never added any kind of lock tight and never had this happen. You need to check that they are tight when changing the props and some people check before every flight. To have so many just come lose this is pilot error and not a design flaw.

I recently changed my propellers and by the very simple and basic photo a to a and b to b guide i was given, apparently some of the props didn't stay on as I tried to take off. In the process I lost 2 of the new props but the big issue i have is the screws for those 2 and the other 2 that I was able to recover were gone in the grass somewhere. Anyone know what type and size screws these are, and where to purchase them?
Wher are you located?

PM me I've got a couple.
i appreciate it i just need to know where to purchase them from and what kind of screws they are called since thus has happened id like to get about 15-20 more for just in case scenarios

I really don't know how the screws would come out in the first place. Did you tighten them? They do come with some kind of lock tight when new but I have had mine on and off many times and never added any kind of lock tight and never had this happen. You need to check that they are tight when changing the props and some people check before every flight. To have so many just come lose this is pilot error and not a design flaw.
well when i tightened them the props didnt have the free swing motion so i barely loosened to give the free motion back, plus when the drone flipped upside down and landed on the props it pooped the props with screw out. the light blue props were easy to find in the green grass but the black screws not so lucky

louisville kentucky we have 2 hobby stores hobbytown and scale reproductions i was gonna try both of those on Tuesday and hope they have them.
And again, quickest way would be to take one of them from the bird an walk into your "hobby" stores!

And again, quickest way would be to take one of them from the bird an walk into your "hobby" stores!
I already have the screw out for that if they can't help me I'm going to hit the 3 different home improvement stores and look there

well when i tightened them the props didnt have the free swing motion so i barely loosened to give the free motion back, plus when the drone flipped upside down and landed on the props it pooped the props with screw out. the light blue props were easy to find in the green grass but the black screws not so lucky
He did the worst he could when he relaxed it. The slightly inaccurate size of the remanufactured (I think because it was blue) propeller caused it to squeeze. Either the hole is narrow or the area around the hole is too high. These would have been fine, fine sanding. Loosening the screw is a huge mistake. This screw is only threaded at the end and this mnet should be tightened. The propeller can turn loosely in the threadless part.
I also write this so that others do not make this mistake because it could be a crash!

i will check with them tomorrow or this weekend hopefully they can check to see if the screws come with the props at best buy before i order them

I picked up the props from Best buy and they do include the screws the only thing that's weird is they must know that they have an issue with screws because it's eight props and 12 screws plus the tool the math doesn't add up.20200612_095821.jpg

Reactions: BRC
Extras are nice to have.
The screws have blue a thread-lock at tips which can make it a little difficult to get screws started and threaded in straight
So be care not to cross thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood