Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Put 3 packs through it today..

ParrotAnafiFan

Reaction score
I tested the anafi with film and sport mode, It's a solid drone. At fields that you hike to with no tables or benches I will have to get a small tripod also to carry to set it down on so fan can drag fresh air in, I found myself putting it on my knee and almost fumbling around with getting the phone connected to the controller at the flying spot didn't want to place it or the drone in the high moist grass. I had to put my anafi bag down in the grass, had many crickets jumping in.

I really didn't think the controller on switch method was that much of a pain, until today while switching batteries I had nothing to set it down on but the bag, I wanted to turn it off for a couple of seconds put realized I would have to pull the phone out just to shut off the sky controller while holding the anafi in my other hand. I think I will do the switch mod eventually, or maybe at least try a neckstrap connected to the SC3 first. (no attachment points) I had no problems with the SC3 battery seem to be good for another day worth of flying without a recharge.

I could barely see my S8 phone screen on highest brightness and the sun wasn't even out today, will have to check settings for that some more as well, or get a shade. It was like it dimmed because of no screen touch activity.

Last edited:
I've modified a sunhood for the tablet like a Pult with a necklace. So I must only hold the SC3 :)

A Landing Pad would help: Amazon.com: Fstop Labs 36 inch RC Drone Waterproof Collapsible Foldable Landing Pad for DJI Tello Mavic 2 Zoom Air Pro Platinum Phantom 3 4 Spark Accessories High Contrast: Toys & Games
Folds into an easy to carry shape.

I built a shade out of cardboard, but it was awkward to install and kept popping the phone out of the controller clamp. A few days ago I ditched that in favor of a piece of dark cloth like an old fashioned photographers hood that I can just throw over my head and the controller/phone. I may have to find some bungee cord to keep it on my head if windy, but then I can just throw the part that's over the phone back on top of my head to look at the drone's position and back down again to see the screen.

something like this may help with the neck strap

i have the tablet holder and i know you can by the lanyard / neck strap on its own

I tested the anafi with film and sport mode, It's a solid drone. At fields that you hike to with no tables or benches I will have to get a small tripod also to carry to set it down on so fan can drag fresh air in, I found myself putting it on my knee and almost fumbling around with getting the phone connected to the controller at the flying spot didn't want to place it or the drone in the high moist grass. I had to put my anafi bag down in the grass, had many crickets jumping in.

I really didn't think the controller on switch method was that much of a pain, until today while switching batteries I had nothing to set it down on but the bag, I wanted to turn it off for a couple of seconds put realized I would have to pull the phone out just to shut off the sky controller while holding the anafi in my other hand. I think I will do the switch mod eventually, or maybe at least try a neckstrap connected to the SC3 first. (no attachment points) I had no problems with the SC3 battery seem to be good for another day worth of flying without a recharge.

I could barely see my S8 phone screen on highest brightness and the sun wasn't even out today, will have to check settings for that some more as well, or get a shade. It was like it dimmed because of no screen touch activity.

Wow first world problems - can't find a place for my toy drone to take off so I can take photos. Haha seriously though, I found it really funny that that's a major issue. Get some cardboard and take that with you, or a book, or find log out in the woods. Hardly worth the energy to complain about online.. Not being rude, just I found it pretty funny haha

Wow first world problems - can't find a place for my toy drone to take off so I can take photos. Haha seriously though, I found it really funny that that's a major issue. Get some cardboard and take that with you, or a book, or find log out in the woods. Hardly worth the energy to complain about online.. Not being rude, just I found it pretty funny haha

You can treat yours as a toy I have been building RCs for 12+ years and I'll stick to treating and modifying as a professional hobby. I'm going to leave that cardboard idea for you, that should be really funny watching you chase it away.:D

Says the guy crying about not being able to find somewhere to take off.
I think you need the cardboard more than I do... Here's an idea, try using your brains rather than having a 'professional' cry to a forum of guys. Highly doubt you've been building anything for 12 years when you can't even do a simple task a 3yo child can do.. Sorry ? P. S if you're so anti cardboard, try a bit of paper.

Now Now. Just because you crashed yours doesn't give you a right to go off and become a troll as well...

I just use the case that I bought to store the Anafi and the accessories

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 3
@parrotanafifan, I do not really like the way that the controller cannot be turned off with the phone connected but I presume they have done it so that it cannot be left turned on or turned off accidentally in flight. As I do not want to modify my controller until the warranty runs out I 3D printed a "wedge" from the thingiverse website that slips between the hinge and the body of the controller and turns the switch off. If you do not have access to a 3D printer then you could fashion one out of a piece of wood.

For those who reported Big Lez maate he is no longer with us. Thanks for trying to keep this forum running smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar