Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Putting Rain-X or any type of rain repellent on a drone? This sounds crazy but.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MightyMuffins

Reaction score
I just had a crazy theory. If you decided to spray or wipe on (likely better idea) a product like Rain-X or any rain repellent used to make it easier to see in the rain for your car windshield by having the droplets just run off the windshield and barely have to use your wipers.....I wonder if it would be work on a drone with the effect. Like the faster you drive a car the more the water just runs off cause of the protective coating. :unsure:I am wondering if this insane idea of putting this stuff on over the ENTIRE drone may actually save and keep the components and entire drone almost protected by the elements like rain, fog, and whatever as it almost would create a shield of protection if you think about it. The water should just run off instead of seeping into the components (not the motors obviously) kind of like how it does on a car.

I am almost wanna try this but I would more take a microfiber cloth and gently rub it on everywhere...body included and see how it does if it does happen to accidently get wet. I am planning to film storms with this parrot so I mean this in THEORY should keep it from getting wet on the surprise rain shower.

Last edited:
Of course, you are free to experiment butThe Anafi is a sensitive electronic device...As above, Rain X is a definite No-No and there is nothing that will protect the motors and still allow normal movement.
Just stay out of the rain?

Of course, you are free to experiment butThe Anafi is a sensitive electronic device...As above, Rain X is a definite No-No and there is nothing that will protect the motors and still allow normal movement.
Just stay out of the rain?
Well I mean sometimes rain is unavoidable if it pops up but alright rain X is a no go. Just something I was pondering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow