Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reflections of Scotland

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
My latest video, filmed over the past 3 years, showcasing beautiful Scottish landscapes reflected in the still waters of many different lochs. Best watched on a 4K TV if you can! 100% Anafi - over 800 flights now and it's still doing a great job!!

Excellent really well done Joe - beautiful scenery, music, composing, and editing. I always look forward to seeing your work and wish I had an ounce of your talent.
I have seen comments or posts from others in forum complaining about not being able to get quality footage from Anafi, this just proves that is not the case
Thanks for sharing and best wishes

Excellent really well done Joe - beautiful scenery, music, composing, and editing. I always look forward to seeing your work and wish I had an ounce of your talent.
I have seen comments or posts from others in forum complaining about not being able to get quality footage from Anafi, this just proves that is not the case
Thanks for sharing and best wishes
Really appreciate your lovely comment, it's very kind of you. Always rewarding to know that someone likes what you do!!

I agree there do seem to be many comments around the quality of Anafi footage but I really think it's still (despite its age) an amazing drone, especially as I can take it with me on walks and cycle rides - and you never know when you might need it!

Only this year I started using Pro mode rather than Auto and can see a definite difference in quality/consistency, but actually at least 50% of the footage in this video was filmed in 2019/2020 in Auto mode ... so much was very usable in any case!

Thanks again and best wishes!

WOW Joe!

This is absolutely stunning. You managed to perfectly capture the beauty of Scotland's natures.
From a cinematography point of view most of these shots are absolute brilliance. You not only captured the lochs but the surroundings perfectly as well. The mountains in the background and the houses just and little details that others don't think about makes this work super nice. It might have taken a long time to capture all of this footage, but it was definitely worth it.

I would love to talk about all of my favourite scenes but there are too many. I really like the mountains, wildlife and the ones with mist in it.
The snow however is something extra special, maybe because I'm missing snowy winters, but never the less the range of videos you have are perfect and well balanced.

What's your exact setup and settings?

Hope to see more of your work soon.

Reactions: Joe_Scot
WOW Joe!

This is absolutely stunning. You managed to perfectly capture the beauty of Scotland's natures.
From a cinematography point of view most of these shots are absolute brilliance. You not only captured the lochs but the surroundings perfectly as well. The mountains in the background and the houses just and little details that others don't think about makes this work super nice. It might have taken a long time to capture all of this footage, but it was definitely worth it.

I would love to talk about all of my favourite scenes but there are too many. I really like the mountains, wildlife and the ones with mist in it.
The snow however is something extra special, maybe because I'm missing snowy winters, but never the less the range of videos you have are perfect and well balanced.

What's your exact setup and settings?

Hope to see more of your work soon.

Hi there and thanks so much for the wonderful comments! Also welcome to the group!

We are of course very lucky in Scotland to have a great range of scenery - and weather!! It was only when I looked at the dates on all the footage I used that I realised probably 80% is taken in the Autumn, so we seem to get a lot more still calm days in Oct/Nov than at any other times. The snow scenes were all last December on a magical day - and only a few miles north of Glasgow.

The footage from 2019 & 2020 was all taken on Auto settings. I now think some of the Auto footage is a little over-exposed so I have reduced the brightness or increased the contrast just a bit, where necessary. There's no colour grading or colour correction on any of the shots.

This year, I started filming everything in Pro mode and I think it is quite a bit better. I usually set ISO=100 (assuming there's enough light), WB to manual, typically 6000-6500K, and shutter speed appropriately - but generally I err on the side of making it slightly under-exposed as I prefer that result. I never use HDR as I don't like the result it gives.

Hope that helps! Do post a link to any of your footage - and happy flying!

Reactions: DSS Huba
Thank you :)
I'm glad I found this forum.

Those settings do make sense, but I assume it needs the right settings as well. In the past I had problems picking up little details while flying but now it makes sense that my shutter speed was too high and blurred the images compared to the speed of flying.
I'll upload some footage I have and see if anyone has any pointers.

Happy Flying!

I like this collection, as another Scottish persion, I am pleasently surprised you caught all that on still days, I didnt know there were that many in the last 3 years. :)

Many thanks! It was only after collecting all the footage together I realised the vast majority of the still days have been in the autumn. There certainly haven't been many the past month or so!! :)

Reactions: MTBLeague

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
droneflyer2024