Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Registering the DISCO with FAA?

ScottK

Reaction score
Maybe this is way out-of-date info, but I'm trying to register my new Disco with the FAA as a rec drone. I read that it used SSID stuffing to broadcast the required FAA ID info. I can't seem to find any combination of numbers that will be considered valid for the "Remote ID Serial Number" in the FAA Drone Zone, based on the SSID of the Disco or the serial number inside the battery housing. I'm surprised this hasn't been covered anywhere on the internet.

Also -- I tried using Freeflight 6 with no success. I am able to use Freeflight Pro, however. Am I missing something with FF6?

Any and all help would be very much appreciated!

its not working yet,sptember 23th 2023 is darte givven by faa where all drones above 250gram are required to broadcast ID…how that will work nobody knows not even faa 👎……you need to Trust certificate and Registration from FAA,registration number should be written on disco somewhere below nose(directly or you can use sticker) ,you need to carry copy of trust and registration with you at all time when you fly…..that said,Remote ID option in freeflight 6 is for europian/french system,if parrot decides to update Freeflight 6 to work with FAA you will be able to broadcast id,knowing how much parrot as a company sucks they probably not gonna do anything about it….next option will be buying extrnal broadcasting device that at time will be probably recommended by FAA

Thanks for the answer—that clears a lot of things up!

One issue I have is that my Disco won’t even connect to FF6 or 7. Only FF Pro.

freeflight 6 is for anafi models,freeflight 7 is for new Anafi AI model,for older parrot drones you have to use freeflight pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood