Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Remote Controller wont turn on?

OBjuan

Reaction score
Not only do I seem NOT to be able to connect to my controller, I don't think it's even turning on.

When I plug it into a usb-c to charge it the little light next to it comes on as green (or some times red and then turns green shortly there after) which I believe means it is charged (?) - but I can't get the blue light on top of the handle to come on. Occasionally the blue light will flash when I plug it in or open the grip, but mostly it is off.

My gear is all pretty new. I bought it at the beginning of the year, but then got busy moving/working and really just started using it about a month ago. It worked fine for a while, and the times it wouldn't connect I chalked it up to me failing to charge the remote (sure would be nice if the remote had 4 lights and a test charge button) - but now I don't seem to be able to connect at all. I can fly the anafi with the phone (Sony Xperia Compact) but that sucks.

Having done some research I thought maybe FreeFlight was the issue, and I just uninstalled, and obtained and installed the 6.3.2 version - and when I run it the 1st time and it asks if I have a controller, I say yes and connect the remote and turn the drone on, and nothing happens...

I've tried multiple cables, which work fine to connect phone to computer/power.

Soooo lack of connect, combined with the green light but no blue light make me think the remote died. ?

Would love for someone to have a better idea/fix. ?

Short of that, can I get a new one? Ideally paid for (it shouldn't bust after 5 hours (max) use). Would I talk to Parrot, or B&H, or what? What's the best way to contact them? Are there any better controllers that have a battery indicator, and/or fanciness?

Thanks for the help. I'm bumming cause I was really enjoying the anafi and getting some good footage...

Last edited:
You are correct about the red and green LED. You are also correct that the controller has died. ☹
If you bought it from B&H, contact them first. I would try phone, not email. If they won't warranty it, contact Parrot.
The Anafi has a 12 month warranty, you should be covered unless you dropped it onto concrete. ;)
Worst case, you will have to buy another controller.
There are no other controllers that would work.

This may sound redundant but did you try opening and closing the controller while plugged in to a wall wart and the C connection? I have experienced the controller showing green as charged and not initiating the red charge cycle when first set up. I open and close the remote when this happens and that gets red light charge mode going on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I had hoped to update with the results, but here we are 2 weeks after I first contacted Parrot (and B&H) and I'm still in the process of dealing with Parrot's ****** customer service...

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
The same exact thing happened to me but it miraculously came back on two days later!! Here’s what I did! My third time trying to charge it (only getting little green light by port), I opened it up, held down the home button for like 10 seconds, then I toggled the remote thumb controllers a couple times. It immediately turned back on at that point!😝

Not only do I seem NOT to be able to connect to my controller, I don't think it's even turning on.

When I plug it into a usb-c to charge it the little light next to it comes on as green (or some times red and then turns green shortly there after) which I believe means it is charged (?) - but I can't get the blue light on top of the handle to come on. Occasionally the blue light will flash when I plug it in or open the grip, but mostly it is off.

My gear is all pretty new. I bought it at the beginning of the year, but then got busy moving/working and really just started using it about a month ago. It worked fine for a while, and the times it wouldn't connect I chalked it up to me failing to charge the remote (sure would be nice if the remote had 4 lights and a test charge button) - but now I don't seem to be able to connect at all. I can fly the anafi with the phone (Sony Xperia Compact) but that sucks.

Having done some research I thought maybe FreeFlight was the issue, and I just uninstalled, and obtained and installed the 6.3.2 version - and when I run it the 1st time and it asks if I have a controller, I say yes and connect the remote and turn the drone on, and nothing happens...

Soooo lack of connect, combined with the green light but no blue light make me think the remote died. ?

Short of that, can I get a new one? Ideally paid for (it shouldn't bust after 5 hours (max) use). Would I talk to Parrot, or B&H, or what? What's the best way to contact them? Are there any better controllers that have a battery indicator, and/or fanciness?

Thanks for the help. I'm bumming cause I was really enjoying the anafi and getting some good footage...

Have you looked down into the slot between handheld part of the remote and the antenna hinge? There is a small switch that gets pushed in when the antenna is folded away to turn off the controller.

Is yours sticking?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k