Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Return home, Return to home, or RTH

HighViews

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed RTH behaving differently depending upon what Piloting Mode you are in? This morning I took off from point A in "Manual flight." Changed "Piloting Mode" while in flight to Cameraman, Follow Me, SmartDronies, then "Touch & Fly." When I was in "Touch & Fly" I chose a "Waypoint" then chose a POI and flew a little more. Then, while in "Touch & Fly" I pressed RTH on my Skycontroller 3. Instead of going to point A it went to where I had been standing when I chose the Waypoint in "Touch & Fly." As it descended it stopped at 10' above ground. So I wondered what would RTH do if I was in "Follow Me." I changed my "Piloting Mode" to "Follow Me." I was about 100' away from the drone and 40' away from point A and pressed RTH on my Skycontroller 3 again. It ascended to my minimum height of 115' and flew to above my head then descended to 10'. As it came from 30'-10' I moved a few feet to the side and it didn't move with me. So after these two RTHs, I changed "Piloting Mode" back to "Manual flight" and pressed RTH on my Skycontroller 3 for the third time. It ascended to 115' flew 40' to directly above point A where it descended to 10' and hovered. I manually descended the Anafi to a 1' and pressed "Land" on the top of my device. It landed and the motors stopped. All the mode changes were done while the Anafi was hovering in flight.
Is there anyone from Parrot or an experienced user that can verify that this is the intended RTH behavior?
Note I was using Free Flight 6 ver. 6.5.2 for android.
If the RTH works this way it could be helpful to those who launch from a boat. Near the end of flight just change the mode to "Follow Me" and press RTH. It me come directly overhead.

I know only, that the RTH point is changed in the Mode Follow me (in case that the Mobile and then Anafi have a valid GPS Signal.)
So I would expect, that the latest Point from Follow me if the saved location for RTH.
I'm not aware, that the Anafi should save diff. Points for each Flightmode.
For a test, I'll believe, it's recommended, that you land and at min start, so that the Anafi saved the new RTH point. I'm not sure, if it's necessary to power up the Anafi in between.... For sure, I would make it... A test between Power off/on and without Power off/on (only landing and carry the Anafi 30m away (the Anafi is still on) and Fly again with RTH will be interested (Manuel or Cameraman Mode)

Has anyone noticed RTH behaving differently depending upon what Piloting Mode you are in? This morning I took off from point A in "Manual flight." Changed "Piloting Mode" while in flight to Cameraman, Follow Me, SmartDronies, then "Touch & Fly." When I was in "Touch & Fly" I chose a "Waypoint" then chose a POI and flew a little more. Then, while in "Touch & Fly" I pressed RTH on my Skycontroller 3. Instead of going to point A it went to where I had been standing when I chose the Waypoint in "Touch & Fly." As it descended it stopped at 10' above ground. So I wondered what would RTH do if I was in "Follow Me." I changed my "Piloting Mode" to "Follow Me." I was about 100' away from the drone and 40' away from point A and pressed RTH on my Skycontroller 3 again. It ascended to my minimum height of 115' and flew to above my head then descended to 10'. As it came from 30'-10' I moved a few feet to the side and it didn't move with me. So after these two RTHs, I changed "Piloting Mode" back to "Manual flight" and pressed RTH on my Skycontroller 3 for the third time. It ascended to 115' flew 40' to directly above point A where it descended to 10' and hovered. I manually descended the Anafi to a 1' and pressed "Land" on the top of my device. It landed and the motors stopped. All the mode changes were done while the Anafi was hovering in flight.
Is there anyone from Parrot or an experienced user that can verify that this is the intended RTH behavior?
Note I was using Free Flight 6 ver. 6.5.2 for android.
If the RTH works this way it could be helpful to those who launch from a boat. Near the end of flight just change the mode to "Follow Me" and press RTH. It me come directly overhead.

As far as I know, only Follow Me mode changes the RTH home location to the phone's location. If you leave Follow Me and switch to another flight mode, the place you started from again is the RTH home point.

You should try it out for yourself and not rely on our assumptions. ;)

Regards, Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut