Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RTH question

ParrotAnafiFan

Reaction score
If you set RTH to 40ft and If you are above trees higher than that, will it RTH at same altitude or will it drop into trees trying to get to 40 feet? I would hope it would just RTH at current altitude in this scenario. If you lose connection and already above your RTH altitude.

Last edited:
Hi, if your are higher than 40ft the drone will maintain the same altitude and go to known "GPS Homepoint" and then land .
If you are lower than 40ft the drone will rise to 40ft then got to known "GPS Homepoint" and land.
So it is important to wait for GPS to synk before flight and maybe set RTH-altititude to abt 75ft to avoid collisions. (My setting is 30M or abt 90ft)

Thanks for the info, that is around what I have mine set at. That sounds about right. The 40 feet was just used as an example. I use my drone camera and do a 360 yaw and record it and current altitude to see 3 miles ahead in that 360, if I have enough clearence from obstacles above tree line, then set it a bit higher what I am at for a safety buffer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53