Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Card too slow?

Tend Wong

Reaction score
My SD card is one of those recommended by Parrot -
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB microSDXC USH-3 A3 R170mb/s W90mb/s

And what do you know? Yesterday, as I was flying with the battery at 30%, the status 'SD TOO SLOW' appeared right next to the record button. The drone simply stops recording at this point and I had to come out from 'Fly' mode and come back in again before it would reset. Anybody having the same issues?

My drone, app and controller:
FreeFlight 6 : 6.5.1
Firmware : 1.5.4
Skycontroller : 1.5.0

I have exactly the same Micro SD card and haven't had any issues. I wonder if a re-format would fix it?
Perhaps put a different SD card in for a while....if the problem recurs, it's firmware. I hope not.

I've been using the Extreme Pro for years and never had a problem. I bought the newer version last month the one Tend Wong wrote about. It's got better spec's and works in the Anafi, but is not readable on my MAC. If I format it on the MAC the Anafi won't read it, if I format it on Anafi the MAC won't read it. I have about 10 SanDisc mSD cards and it's peculiar to me all work in Anafi fine, but some the MAC won't read. And despite the different specs on all I see no difference on the read/write speed on the Anafi, or even viewing on the MAC when it can.

I'm stumped...

And what do you know? Yesterday, as I was flying with the battery at 30%, the status 'SD TOO SLOW' appeared right next to the record button. The drone simply stops recording at this point and I had to come out from 'Fly' mode and come back in again before it would reset. Anybody having the same issues?

I second what Agustine said. You do not mention where you purchased your card or you location, but I noticed that on the US Amazon significant number of customers are reporting receiving fake SanDisk cards.

I have the same problem today for some reason, I'm using the Samsung 128gb EVO plus. I went to fly today and 10 mins in the "SD too slow" came up so I landed and restarted the Anafi and took off again and 10 mins in it came up again. I've done about 40 flights with this card and it happened once before but after I restarted it, it was fine after that, but this time it happened twice in a row. I have everything up to date as well...

I've been using the Extreme Pro for years and never had a problem. I bought the newer version last month the one Tend Wong wrote about. It's got better spec's and works in the Anafi, but is not readable on my MAC. If I format it on the MAC the Anafi won't read it, if I format it on Anafi the MAC won't read it. I have about 10 SanDisc mSD cards and it's peculiar to me all work in Anafi fine, but some the MAC won't read. And despite the different specs on all I see no difference on the read/write speed on the Anafi, or even viewing on the MAC when it can.

I'm stumped...

The solution I found for the SD card not reading on the Mac is:
  1. Format your Anafi with your Mac using FAT32
  2. Put the SD card into your Anafi and format it again there
  3. Then press and hold the button with the Anafi on until all 4 lights turn red
  4. Hope this helps

I had this too, a while ago, from a perfectly good fast card off the approved list. Someone recommended using the "full format" reformat (which says inn the menu to use if you have write problems). That fixed it for me. I assumed the card had become fragmented.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian