Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Second Go At Follow Me Was A Total Fail

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Went out to give follow me another go today. The plan was to lock onto the truck and have it follow while I drove the truck. It would lock on but as soon as it did the camera would point down and lose the subject (me & truck) I tried at several distances and heights with the same results. Another screw up on firmware from Parrot.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Charged the battery back up and went out to the back yard this time. Just me and no truck so drawing the square around me and the Anafi locked on and so did the camera but as soon as I walked around it lost me a few times. Decided to zoom in on me and then draw the box. Seemed to hold a lot better although I still have the bob up and down which is very annoying.

Took my second Anafi out of storage that still had the old firmware. Using the updated App with the second Anafi which has old firmware follow me would not work at all. You could draw the square but that was about it. It just sat there in the sky and did nothing. Brought it in and updated it to the new firmware and follow me now works on it but it does have the bob up and down motion also.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Really strange behaviour, never seen anything like that in my testing few days back.

Once the weather clears here, I will be out doing more follow me testing - I use it quite a bit when hiking to track me & family during our walks!!

Managed to test follow me again - sadly it was still very windy!!

Tried using it to follow my kid on the bike, which used to work great - however this time like @Agustine noted - when I double tapped to lock on target, the drone fellow up around 10 meters then would not follow. Of course me the controller was not moving, but like I said this did used to work ok for short distances.

Repeated my previous test when I targeted me quite close around 5m away and 8-10 meters up, and it worked really well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut