Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Second hand ANAFI

MajorTom

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am a complete rookie with drones so please forgive me if I err, or haven’t done the obvious things. I’ve bought a second hand ANAFI through Amazon and had my first flight within my garden with geofence set at 14 metres. I was amazed how easy it was to fly. But two issues. One, I had no view of the flight on my screen, just fog. Two, RTH didn’t seem to work. First, there was no SD card. Totally understand this, and I have sent away for a new card. But would this absence cause the fog? I kind of expected to get a live feed even though it wasn’t being recorded. Second, how accurate should RTH be? Was within 14 metres good enough? I guess I’m looking for a quick steer to get an idea of whether I have a faulty drone, or one that just needs tweaking. I can’t get to a wider open space due to Covid lockdown, and if I have a faulty drone I want to raise it with Amazon sooner rather than later. Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

As I understand it you should get a live feed on your phone when you connect yo the Anafi even without an SD card. Do you have a screen shot of FF6 with the "fog"? What make and model of phone are you using with the Anafi.

RTH will only work when the Anafi us a significant distance away from you, I think about 75m. Otherwise it will just land where it is. Have you read the online manual thoroughly https://www.parrot.com/files/s3fs-public/firmware/anafi_user_guide_v2.6.2.pdf

It would also help if you put your location in your profile as some problems may be location specific.

This might sound stupid, but did you remove the lens cap :)
i agree even thoug you get error if you leave cap on camera i am not sure if you still can fly.....tom,what is the phone/tablet you are using,can you see icons of drone and controller in screen ,are they green...if not then your phone /tablet is not connected properly and you are flying anafi with controller only,that means you geofence is not set.....i would stop flying till this is clarified

Hi everybody, I am a complete rookie with drones so please forgive me if I err, or haven’t done the obvious things. I’ve bought a second hand ANAFI through Amazon and had my first flight within my garden with geofence set at 14 metres. I was amazed how easy it was to fly. But two issues. One, I had no view of the flight on my screen, just fog. Two, RTH didn’t seem to work. First, there was no SD card. Totally understand this, and I have sent away for a new card. But would this absence cause the fog? I kind of expected to get a live feed even though it wasn’t being recorded. Second, how accurate should RTH be? Was within 14 metres good enough? I guess I’m looking for a quick steer to get an idea of whether I have a faulty drone, or one that just needs tweaking. I can’t get to a wider open space due to Covid lockdown, and if I have a faulty drone I want to raise it with Amazon sooner rather than later. Many thanks.
Hi did you have the USB cable plugged into the controller and connected to the phone? Needs that to get picture.

Hi all, and thanks for your kind assistance. Since the first flight I’ve had a firmware and battery upgrade, The livestream view is now good and I’m getting some response on RTH. I had a red message telling me to put my phone (Sony Xperia XZ) into airplane mode and that improved the responsiveness. I did read that in the manual and should have remembered it. Looking forward to testing over a larger distance now. I guess if RTH brings it within 10 metres of where it started that constitutes success! I am content now that my second-hand drone is good to go.Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
.....I guess if RTH brings it within 10 metres of where it started that constitutes success!
If you get the "Precise Home set" message, it should be within about 3 metres. The belly cam needs a contrasty surface to photograph so it can compare to that on the return. I usually get it back within less than 3 metres, whereupon I take over manually to set it down on my landing pad, which I use most of the time for the above reason and to keep it from stirring up debris.

Here are a few tips from Parrot: How to prevent the dreaded fly-away with ANAFI?

If you haven't read my Drone 101 tips already see here: Advice for new pilots

Inline with "Rocky the FS" recommendations, if you want to do some practising, the attached document is very good. Its from a UK organisation as you will see, but does give some very good exercises for you to work on.

Hope its of some use.

Attachments

• FPVUK-Certificate-of-Competency-Practical-Member-Notes.pdf
    771 KB · Views: 7
Hi all, and thanks for your kind assistance. Since the first flight I’ve had a firmware and battery upgrade, The livestream view is now good and I’m getting some response on RTH. I had a red message telling me to put my phone (Sony Xperia XZ) into airplane mode and that improved the responsiveness. I did read that in the manual and should have remembered it. Looking forward to testing over a larger distance now. I guess if RTH brings it within 10 metres of where it started that constitutes success! I am content now that my second-hand drone is good to go.Thanks again for your help.
[/QUOTEe
Exercise caution on the RTH as It will rise up to an altitude that you preset in FF6. Does not care if there are obstruction above since no sensors to detect obstacles whether above or on the return to home. In addition if you are close to home point (app 200 ft or so) it will just drop down where it is. Suggest you test in open field and have fun flying!

Exercise caution on the RTH as It will rise up to an altitude that you preset in FF6. Does not care if there are obstruction above since no sensors to detect obstacles whether above or on the return to home. In addition if you are close to home point (app 200 ft or so) it will just drop down where it is. Suggest you test in open field and have fun flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian