Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Serial numbers batteries not charging

Andyr1001

Reaction score
Hi folks
I bought myself a starter drone it's a bebop 1 drone with sky controller I thought this would be a good cheap option to get me started but after buying from argos on clearance deal I discovered none of the three batteries supplyed would charge I searched on line and discovered that the batteries may be completely depleted and thus the charger wont charge them as it sees them as damaged.
So I returned the lot to argos who checked the Serial numbers on both drone and skycontroller agents the box and they didn't match.
So my question is this normal for serial numbers not to match and is there any way of charging the dead batteries without using the smart wall charger.

Hello,

I’ve had some Bebop 1 batteries deplete down to its impossible to hold a charge, but never completely die. As far as Serial numbers, not sure if it’s normal to not have matching numbers.

I’ve owned several and flown Bebop 1, great beginner drone but batteries eventually don’t hold a charge long. If possible, get a Bebop 2 with a Skycontroller 2. Flights are longer, much better drone. From here, move up to an Anafi or go directly to the Anafi bypassing the Bebop 2.

Don’t get discouraged, drones can be high maintenance getting the wrong one.

Keep us posted,
Paul

Reactions: Andyr1001
Hello,

I’ve had some Bebop 1 batteries deplete down to its impossible to hold a charge, but never completely die. As far as Serial numbers, not sure if it’s normal to not have matching numbers.

I’ve owned several and flown Bebop 1, great beginner drone but batteries eventually don’t hold a charge long. If possible, get a Bebop 2 with a Skycontroller 2. Flights are longer, much better drone. From here, move up to an Anafi or go directly to the Anafi bypassing the Bebop 2.

Don’t get discouraged, drones can be high maintenance getting the wrong one.

Keep us posted,
Paul
Thanks Paul
I managed to get confirmation from parrot regarding the serial numbers and it turns out that they are all separate and dont realy matter as for the batteries all they said was it was an old model and that it may have lay in a warehouse for a few years causeing the batteries to deplete beyond a redeemable state.
I have returned the drone for a full refund and will perhaps treat myself to the bebop 2 in the near future.
Cheers
Andy R

Thanks Paul
I managed to get confirmation from parrot regarding the serial numbers and it turns out that they are all separate and dont realy matter as for the batteries all they said was it was an old model and that it may have lay in a warehouse for a few years causeing the batteries to deplete beyond a redeemable state.
I have returned the drone for a full refund and will perhaps treat myself to the bebop 2 in the near future.
Cheers
Andy R
Hello Andy,

I’m a big fan of Parrot, especially Bebop 2 have four each with Solaris mods. My Bebop 1 is mounted to a Bebop 2 motor frame, using slightly bigger propellers as well and flies terrific. Unfortunately, Bebop 1 batteries don’t last very long and loose flight life. So I stick with Bebop 2, use Power batteries for extended flights.

Also, have a modified Bebop 2 motherboard mounted inside a gutted Mavic Pro housing, it’s flying but still got a few bugs to work out with the motors. Eventually, I’ll go with original bebop 2 motors instead of Mavic Pros. But the tricked out camera looks cool, using stock Bebop 2 Camera with part of Mavic Pro Gimbal.

Bebop 2 will be a good starter drone for you, stay away from Skycontroller 1 and go with Skycontroller 2. Have patience, view this hobby as a learning experience both flight time and tinkering. To keep these flying takes a lot of work, but it’s fun even experimenting with them.

All the best,
Paul2FF3B44E-74F7-4AC0-93D3-251348D3F9F1.jpeg9CCD45FE-51FD-4CAB-BC9C-036332B4B0F1.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking