Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shaking Camera

dkingnu

Reaction score
I just bought an Anafi on Amazon. It appears to be a certified refurbished model. I put the serial number into this website - Parrot

and it said my warranty period is over, but I just bought it yesterday, so they wouldn't even allow me to submit a support request.

I took it out for its first flight today and it has bad shaking. I did firmware updates on the unit, battery, and controller, and did the unit and camera calibration.
This is a video of what it is doing. I don't think this is normal? Can you help?

I just bought an Anafi on Amazon. It appears to be a certified refurbished model. I put the serial number into this website - Parrot

and it said my warranty period is over, but I just bought it yesterday, so they wouldn't even allow me to submit a support request.

I took it out for its first flight today and it has bad shaking. I did firmware updates on the unit, battery, and controller, and did the unit and camera calibration.
This is a video of what it is doing. I don't think this is normal? Can you help?

Hello
You’re correct that shaking is not normal and suspect the gimbal / camera is defective. I would suggest just returning it back to Amazon for refund or replacement. Likely not worth trying to fix and Parrot will not offer any warranty, parts or support
Best of luck

Reactions: Liger 1956
Hello
You’re correct that shaking is not normal and suspect the gimbal / camera is defective. I would suggest just returning it back to Amazon for refund or replacement. Likely not worth trying to fix and Parrot will not offer any warranty, parts or support
Best of luck
Ok thanks for the feedback that it isn't normal, and no easy fix for it. I'll return it to Amazon and ask for a replacement. The same thing happened when I got a micro projector from them. the first one was dead on arrival, but the second worked fine.

It's worth checking that it's not the propellers. If the vibration is too high, the gimbal can't compensate for it. It is designed to compensate for motion and wobble, not vibration.

The whole gimbal assembly hangs on a rubber suspension. Check that too. It should move, flex.

The picture shows the effect (Jelo) that you see on shaking, vibrating cameras. The periodically repeating stronger image disturbance also indicates vibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian