Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sky controller 2 flashing red light

Swordfish

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a problem with the skycontroller 2. I have your upgrade for drone and skycontroller 2 black sticks (the new upgrade). I was about to fly and I was rotating the drone and suddenly the skycontroller light puts red and starts flashing and I lost connection with drone and the drone keeps rotating as I was doing. The rth worked fine when connection was lost after 30 seconds (my setting to rth). Thanks for Reading this is my first time this happen I was flying at the beach.

Connection of the battery? It happen with mi original batery that is not good...now I am using an 18650 I will try with that today. Another thing that sometimes happen also with new battery is red light on the controller I have to turn it of and then it change to green

Connection of the battery? It happen with mi original batery that is not good...now I am using an 18650 I will try with that today. Another thing that sometimes happen also with new battery is red light on the controller I have to turn it of and then it change to green
That would not be a good idea as sky controller 2 black band is meant for the Li Ion. I'm pretty sure if you put that in a regular SC2 and charge or use it may cause problems as circuitry is for 2s LiPos and not Lith Ions. For me I think it's pointless and personally I never did any battery mods to the SC2. It's just with regular Parrot setup and charges quickly.

Yesterday I had a problem with the skycontroller 2. I have your upgrade for drone and skycontroller 2 black sticks (the new upgrade). I was about to fly and I was rotating the drone and suddenly the skycontroller light puts red and starts flashing and I lost connection with drone and the drone keeps rotating as I was doing. The rth worked fine when connection was lost after 30 seconds (my setting to rth). Thanks for Reading this is my first time this happen I was flying at the beach.
You need to keep a manual on hand. Internet has them on PDF. Flashing red means a couple of things

The Parrot Skycontroller
2 is trying to connect to a
drone.
> Make sure your drone
is on.

Or
The battery of the Parrot
Skycontroller 2 or your
drone is low.
> Recharge the battery.
>Replace with your own if bad, youtube has more info on how to

Or
The Parrot Skycontroller
2 has detected a problem
with the drone.
> Go to the Support
section on
www.parrot.com

I added the blue in

Last edited:
I'm getting exactly the same problem - but have a little more information

My drone is on and I can connect via its wifi via my phone and fly it fine.
My controller battery is charged to 100% and I can connect to it via USB cable
Both drone and controller are on the latest firmware

But my SkyController 2 will not connect to my Beboop 2 - it just flashes a red light. So I'm guess it falls into the previous posters "controller has detected a problem with the drone" (?) Is there anyway to get more information about this potential error

Any other options for me to try?

thanks in advance

You can try this:

To factory reset your Skycontroller 2, you simply need to disconnect the battery from the controller, keep it disconnected for 1-2 minutes, then reinstall the battery. Your Skycontroller 2 will automatically reset with this procedure.

You can try this:

To factory reset your Skycontroller 2, you simply need to disconnect the battery from the controller, keep it disconnected for 1-2 minutes, then reinstall the battery. Your Skycontroller 2 will automatically reset with this procedure.
Many thanks for the reply - sadly this didnt help

If your skilled at using computers you could try the pes utility to access the skycontroller and see what is going on:

Many thanks for the reply - I've not used that utility before, but I'll take a look

best

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut