Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sky Controller 3 Maintainance

ParrotAnafiFan

Reaction score
Any tutorials of teardowns and fixing problematic potentiometers? Of course cases help but they will get bad with time has anyone torn it down or maintenance on theirs to fix things like TX drift? Not sure what kind Parrot used.

Last edited:
Any tutorials of teardowns and fixing problematic potentiometers? Of course cases help but they will get bad with time has anyone torn it down or maintenance on theirs to fix things like TX drift? Not sure what kind Parrot used.
I had a controller that that drifted in the Y (altitude) direction. It was really irritating. Teardown showed me that they used the cheapest of the cheap board mount gimbals. For me it wasn't worth fixing. You can't get to the springs or anything so it would be remove and replace using a hot air station. I simply bought a used controller.

Does the drones software stop drift from the transmitter if detected?
No. It doesn't know if the gimbal is a little off or if you're holding a tiny bit of pressure like when you're doing something "cinematic." I discovered it near the ground. I was fiddling with a mission on screen with the aircraft hovering at about 2 meters. I realized it was drifting down. Irritating as could be! When I bought the used replacement controller I had a major hassle updating the firmware for it too, that's another thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow