Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sky controller 3 stoped connecting to device

Smalex

Reaction score
My SC3 stopped connecting to my phone and other devices. It works now like charger, when I connect it to USB. No pop-up menu appears any more on the screen. I can't choise a possibility to transfer files etc and to connect with sky controller 3. Phone or other device doesn't see it and doesn't see any USB connection to phone

Can it still control the drone? (doesn't need a phone/tablet plugged in to be able to do that).

With the drone turned on and the controller opened up and on, the light on the controller should be solid blue and for instance you should be able to move the camera up/down without taking off.

is there a great deal of free play when the USB cable is plugged into the USB plug on the SC3? if there is then I would suspect that the USB port has come loose from the circuit board on the SC3

Reactions: Liger 1956
My next suggestion would be to uninstall the App and clear all files related to the App. Then re-install it and see what happens. Sometimes a corrupted file can cause problems.

Reactions: Ratmir
My next suggestion would be to uninstall the App and clear all files related to the App. Then re-install it and see what happens. Sometimes a corrupted file can cause problems.
I checked it many times Unistall/install. Nothing good happened. Your phone/device should see USB connection when you connect controller to device... Even your device hasn't any supporting programms! BUT there is no pop up menu when I connect SC3 with my device or other devices. The problem might be inside the controller. Is that software or hardware problem???

Have you checked whether the USB-A connector in the controller has come loose? Connect the USB cable to the controller and then try to gently move the USB plug and see whether there is any play.

Have you checked whether the USB-A connector in the controller has come loose? Connect the USB cable to the controller and then try to gently move the USB plug and see whether there is any play.
Yes, tried to play different ways. Nothing. One more thing. When I activate my sc3 the light starts blinking other way than before. There is a red blink between two blu...

Simplest thing to do is undo the 6 Torx T6 screws on the back of SC3, and inspect the USB connector & solder joints.

You can even use the T6 driver supplied with the Anafi to change the props.

20190923_134252.jpg

20191003_173107.jpg

If you have a loupe inspect closely in case of dry jointing. It is impossible to make a judgement from pictures.

You can try proding the connections, to see if anything changes.

Yes, tried to play different ways. Nothing. One more thing. When I activate my sc3 the light starts blinking other way than before. There is a red blink between two blu...

LED status indicator colour codes

- alternating red and any other colour: low battery alert (ANAFI , Skycontroller 3, or both) or RTH alert.

Maybe charge the battery ?

Last edited:
You've never answered my question in post #3, does the controller control the drone? This will indicate whether the issue is with the controller itself. If the controller doesn't control the drone then plugging a phone/device in isn't likely to work either.

LED status indicator colour codes

- alternating red and any other colour: low battery alert (ANAFI , Skycontroller 3, or both) or RTH alert.

Maybe charge the battery ?
You've never answered my question in post #3, does the controller control the drone? This will indicate whether the issue is with the controller itself. If the controller doesn't control the drone then plugging a phone/device in isn't likely to work either.
Sorry.
The controller controls drone well and device connects directly to drone via wifi and controls well.
Only phone cannot see controller and cant connect to it.

Sorry.
The controller controls drone well and device connects directly to drone via wifi and controls well.
Only phone cannot see controller and cant connect to it.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. It certainly seems like the issue is the physical connection between the controller and phone.

As others have said, the USB port has been a weak point for some people. If you've tried other cables etc then it seems likely to be an issue with the controller port/electronics (as you mention it doesn't even charge your device).

If it's all still under warranty it would be time to contact parrot. If not, it's either investigate it further yourself with tools like magnifying glass, soldering iron and multimeter or see if you can find someone selling a spare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow