Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sky Controller 3 USB

hyDROpunik

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks I wanted to take a couple shots of a school campus and the fields and my USB port clicked. I figured the pins disconnected but I am running into an issue right now.
I took the controller apart and soldered the points after it happened and was able to get the drone working again. Monday, I went to a lake and tried to fly and was getting issues when trying to connect phone to the controller as there was nothing displayed on the screen. I played with the USB conection and everything worked. Today I went on a bike ride and wanted to get some video and my controller would not interact with my phone at all.
I am home trying to find another board replacement for the controller or at least another controller to replace this thing. Anybody have any luck finding the replacement for the USB to device connection. I tried resoldering again and I was unable to get a connection. It's as if the connection points on the board just flaked away so there is no longer a bond between solder points.
I reached out to parrot support but their form was very non-specific so I don't have any faith that they would respond properly. I was having controller problems but yet they wanted me to provide my crash details when the issue is that the USB connection does not supply any video feed to my device anymore.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quite few people have had problems with the USB-A port coming loose on the SC3. Some have managed too resolder it themselves and others have used a generic electronic repair shop. I have not heard of anybody being able to buy the USB daughter board. If the tracks are missing can you trace them to somewhere else on the board and solder wires from there?

I 3D printed a phone support for my SC3 with legs out the back to stop the USB cable taking the weight of the controller when placed on the ground.

I do get the snow screen once in awhile when the drone starts up, and have to restart it again to get video. I dunno if the cord is the issue or dust or lint on usb-A side or usb c side or something not plugged in all the way or something totally different causing it.

Thank you for your reply but that was the first thing I did before taking the controller apart and finding the pins to be dethatched from the board.
After I checked the cord, I plugged in other USB cords to try and it still was not working and that is what then led me to believe that there was a physical issue with the connection. I then googled to see if other people were having the same issue and searched on this forum and other community forums.
I did the first repair and everything was fine. Issue came back and attempted the repair the second time and the soldering gun got too hot. Half trigger is 900 degrees and full trigger is 400 degrees which in my opinion is backwards but I understand the reasoning.

Quite few people have had problems with the USB-A port coming loose on the SC3. Some have managed too resolder it themselves and others have used a generic electronic repair shop. I have not heard of anybody being able to buy the USB daughter board. If the tracks are missing can you trace them to somewhere else on the board and solder wires from there?

I 3D printed a phone support for my SC3 with legs out the back to stop the USB cable taking the weight of the controller when placed on the ground.
See I was wondering if jumping it would work but I think I did too much damage. I was about to get a parts controller from ebay for like 20 bucks and resolder with my harbor freight soldering iron since it doesn't get as hot as the weller gun that I used the first time.

Update!!! Drone is up and running again. I ordered a parts controller and swapped out the USB A board. I added foam stick pads on the bottom of the USB port in the controller so that when I clamped the shell back together, there would be support for the board and there would be no accidents. I am looking at those risers to also prevent the controller from leaning because I do plan to use a tablet on this as well. At the moment, I am just using a lanyard around my neck and a thick rubberband lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nachiketh