Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 2 connection to phone

indyglassman

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my Skycontroller 2 to work with my Samsung S8. What I have read is that you turn on the controller, plug in the USB cable and the Free Flight Pro app should launch. I got this to work once but can't get it to do it again.

I read one other thread here but it wasn't much help. I've tried this with the USB debugging turned on and off, no change.

Is there something to the sequence or something else that I should consider?

As a follow up - I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Parrot support. We walked through several tries to get it to connect and they all failed. Then we tried with a different device. I used my iPad instead of my Samsung S8 and it wouldn't connect either. So, he asked me to send some specific photos and a video of the issue which I have done. Now I'm waiting to see what they will be able to do from a support perspective.

I had a similar issue connecting the Anafi to a Samsung Tab S2. After much trial and error I realized that I was using a charging cable and not a data cable. It now works perfectly and it does not matter the sequence of the connection between the Skycontroller, Samsung and Anafi. Make sure you are using a data cable, which generally is much thicker than the charging cable. I have never had issues connecting the Skycontroller to my iPhone or ipad.
good luck.

Thanks for the info! I had that thought last night and verified it was a data cable by connecting my phone to my windows PC with the same cable. I could see my phone in Explorer (it came up after I plugged it in) so I knew it was a data cable. So, that's not it but I appreciate you responding.

Thanks for the info! I had that thought last night and verified it was a data cable by connecting my phone to my windows PC with the same cable. I could see my phone in Explorer (it came up after I plugged it in) so I knew it was a data cable. So, that's not it but I appreciate you responding.

The cable I was using previously works fine for viewing/transferring data files between my Windows 10 laptop and the Samsung Tab S2 but under no circumstances will it connect between the Skycontroller and the Samsung.
The cable that I am using now and which works fine (Skycontroller/Samsung) came with my Fuji X-T30 and is a rather thick cable. Apparently they are both data cables but it seems that Skycontroller has some very unique requirements. I have attached the specs for this cable . Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ScreenClip.png
    ScreenClip.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 9
Question: Where can I download the Skycontroller 2 firmware and also find the instructions for updating manually?

After speaking with support 4 times I've found that the drone (Bebop 2) will connect to my phone via wifi OR my controller. But it will never connect to both at the same time. We've tried many things and the last thing they said before sending the controller for repair is to try to manually update the firmware to confirm it has the latest.

They were supposed to email me the instructions but I never got the email.

OK here is what i do every time. thanks to MRKENT.COM . turn on the drone, wait till solid red light then turn on free flight pro, then sky controller 2, works every time., BTW Mr. Kent is the guineas of Bebop 2 he has 60 videos he made.

Try rebooting your phone, happens to me once in a while. Reboot phone, that usually solves the non-connection issue.

Paul

Question: Where can I download the Skycontroller 2 firmware and also find the instructions for updating manually?

After speaking with support 4 times I've found that the drone (Bebop 2) will connect to my phone via wifi OR my controller. But it will never connect to both at the same time. We've tried many things and the last thing they said before sending the controller for repair is to try to manually update the firmware to confirm it has the latest.

They were supposed to email me the instructions but I never got the email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking