Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 2 not connecting to drone

tundrawolf

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the Bebop 2 package with the drone, glasses, and skycontroller package. The drone connects to my smartphone easily, and is able to be controlled by it. But when I try and connect the skycontroller to the drone it never works.

The skycontroller connects to my phone easily using USB. I have also downloaded and updated the skycontroller's firmware (I hoped that would work but it didn't.)

So far I have tried connecting the phone to the controller with USB, phone in airplane mode, wifi off, then turning the skycontroller on, then turning the drone on. I also turn off the wifi of my laptop, so there's no interference. Also, I have tried this outside as well. The skycontroller is calibrated, as is the drone.

Is the skycontroller bad? Are there any other steps I can take to help it connect to the drone?

Crud well I guess I finally got it, instead of clicking the "Not connected" thing where it bring the status up of the drone, I have to have the WIFI on the phone on, airplane mode not on, and I have to click the green "Connect" (Won't work without wifi on, i was told wifi has to be off to use the skycontroller 2, that is wrong), then for first time use I have to register the drone with the phone, or sync it up with the skycontroller 2.

Okay so it works now lol.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but it just got me up and running. I have a new (refurb) BB2 that would not connect to my old SC2. Using Tundrawolf's technique got it all working:

1. Power up drone.
  2. Connect phone to drone.
  3. Connect (USB) phone to SC2.

Green light on SC2!:)

After shutting down, I can now restart everything with my phone in airplane mode!

Hi,

I bought the Bebop 2 package with the drone, glasses, and skycontroller package. The drone connects to my smartphone easily, and is able to be controlled by it. But when I try and connect the skycontroller to the drone it never works.

The skycontroller connects to my phone easily using USB. I have also downloaded and updated the skycontroller's firmware (I hoped that would work but it didn't.)

So far I have tried connecting the phone to the controller with USB, phone in airplane mode, wifi off, then turning the skycontroller on, then turning the drone on. I also turn off the wifi of my laptop, so there's no interference. Also, I have tried this outside as well. The skycontroller is calibrated, as is the drone.

Is the skycontroller bad? Are there any other steps I can take to help it connect to the drone?

Crud well I guess I finally got it, instead of clicking the "Not connected" thing where it bring the status up of the drone, I have to have the WIFI on the phone on, airplane mode not on, and I have to click the green "Connect" (Won't work without wifi on, i was told wifi has to be off to use the skycontroller 2, that is wrong), then for first time use I have to register the drone with the phone, or sync it up with the skycontroller 2.

Okay so it works now lol.
Hi tundrawolf! i know this is an old thread, but hoping you see this....we're stuck too! Android phone, the app is updated....not sure what you mean with clicking on the green connect....are you going through bluetooth? Is the controller supposed to send out a signal that the phone picks up?

The phone communicates with the SC2 through the USB connection, not bluetooth. I would check settings in the app to make sure WPA is not turned on (password protection) if you not sure if the drone is set with a password, you can do a hard reset of the drone to clear it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh