Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 3 is charging my Android phone..

ParrotAnafiFan

Reaction score
When I turned on SC3 and connected my samsung phone I noticed the battery on phone has a lightening on it for charge. notifications say connected to usb accessory and cable charging. Now it just jumped from 94% to 95% confirmed. Nothing stated in manual about this, and something I just noticed.

I have the same problem. I found no solution.
The sky controler is realy fast empty.
Is this also the same with iphone ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It's an android thing.

I believe there are usb cable snipping, component soldering, ways to slow it down, but starting with an as close to fully charged phone / tablet should be the default approach.

Reactions: Chasbro
^ well what about fpv you can't use tablet for that. Just read some articles and there is no way of stopping the charging the SC3 has a big battery I am glad. If you wanted to fly all day I suppose you could just charge the SC3 while flying as you do the phone with another cord and cellphone power bank battery pack in backpack or pocket. seems possible.On a side note I found that the black USB-A to USB-C cords that come with the Anafi from Parrot are high quality and work well for non fpv flying. I have a longer 3 footer that I use just for FPV. IF you are using stock cords for FPV you have to hold the controller up to your head just about.

I just hope that the sc3 doesn't charge your power bank...

Last edited:
I just checked my 3 devices and they all exihibit the charging issue you noted:
Samsung S8+
Samsung Note 5
Samsung Tab S3

Possibly a OS issue Android is always updating anyone see this on IOS or non Samsung phone?

I will check my DJI Inspre and Mavic 2 tommorow they all use the same devices

Possibly a OS issue Android is always updating anyone see this on IOS or non Samsung phone?

I will check my DJI Inspre and Mavic 2 tommorow they all use the same devices
My Nividia tablet and Note 9 (running different android versions) both charge from the controller. I rooted the tablet and have tried different things and still cannot get it to stop charging.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My Nividia tablet and Note 9 (running different android versions) both charge from the controller. I rooted the tablet and have tried different things and still cannot get it to stop charging.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

And you cannot set the voltage down, in the software ?
The strange thing is that the wall plug has a output of 5v and the sc3 3,7v

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

You can mod the USB cable to stop it from charging. Read through this post and there is a video explaining how its done.

Reactions: MustangPhil
You can mod the USB cable to stop it from charging. Read through this post and there is a video explaining how its done.
True, but for most of us the easiest way to avoid a dead device is to make sure the phone and controller are fully charged each morning before flights. (and naturally the drone, too)

True, but for most of us the easiest way to avoid a dead device is to make sure the phone and controller are fully charged each morning before flights. (and naturally the drone, too)

I totally agree with you as you can see from this post I made almost 1 year ago you and I think the same.

That is good advice. I tested my DJI Mavic 2 and Inspire 1 one and the both exihibit the same issues as the Anafi possibly a Android update

All 3 of my devices have the same problem with Parrot or DJI never noticed before
Samsung S8+
Samsung Note 5
Samsung Tab S3

My Android lg g6 is being charged by my skycontroller3 This does not happen with my iPad mini. I get multiple notices from my USB port about charging. Sometimes I cannot communicate with my sc3 in File transfer mode. This did not happen before the latest software upgrade with FPV. Same hardware as with previous software version (same cable too)

This is a very common problem that has been around for a long time. Its just a Android problem as I think Apple resolve the issue on iOS devices. It is really not a big deal as long as you have a good battery in your phone or tablet. If the battery is starting to get old and does not last long under normal use then yes it can lead to problems when flying.

Good to know I would think android should fix it first Time I noticed been flying for 4 years guess I just didn't pay attention Thanks for you help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem