Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 3 not powering on, should I open it ?

Th4N4

Reaction score
Hello pilots, following a crash on my previous Anafi that I had documented on another thread, the whole package has been replaced by Parrot and I thank them for it.
Sadly when setting up the new drone and controller, I discovered that the controller acts strange.
It does seem to charge up when connected to the computer via the USB C port, according to the red light on the backside turning green after a while.

It does not though power on when I open the "arm". Nothing changes, front light doesn't go white or green like the previous one.

My bet is there is something wrong with the mecanism that detects in which position the controller is, open or close. I could contact the support again on this but I'm leaving for holidays in 5 days and I've bought this drone mainly for this trip.
My question is :
Did something similar happened to any of you ? (I can't find a lot of references online about it)
Did you manage to fix it yourself ?
Is there a way to try to fix it without opening it ? (Like force power on via buttons ? Or a way to troubleshoot this when the controller is linked to my pc ?)
Thanks in advance !

Update : it does switch on when I let it plugged in on a charger, so I guess battery of the SC3 is dead.
I'll try to do as best as I can while travelling and then another round of customer support when I come back...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh