Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 3 sensitivity

sami

Reaction score
I've been trying to learn making smooth video footage with Anafi, and I've found out that my controller has a slight annoying on/off type of quality:
First when a turn the joystick a little, nothing happens. When a turn the joystick more, the drone suddenly starts moving / rotating with a slight jerk - it seems that the sensitivity of the controller is not very good. But when I use the drone with only the smartphone as the controller, using the controls on the touchscreen, everything works well and I'm able to do all the smooth transitions.

I was wondering does anyone else experience the same with Skycontroller 3? Do I have a defective unit, or is this a feature of the controller? Or is there a way to adjust the sensitivity curves of the controller?

Reactions: HBR
[QUOTE = "sami, post: 24727, membre: 4273"]
J'ai essayé d'apprendre à créer des séquences vidéo fluides avec Anafi et j'ai découvert que la qualité de ma manette était légèrement ennuyeuse:
D'abord, quand on tourne un peu le joystick, rien ne se passe. Quand on tourne plus le joystick, le drone commence soudainement à bouger / tourner avec une légère secousse - il semble que la sensibilité du contrôleur ne soit pas très bonne. Mais lorsque j'utilise le drone avec uniquement le smartphone comme contrôleur, en utilisant les commandes de l'écran tactile, tout fonctionne bien et je suis capable de faire toutes les transitions en douceur.

Je me demandais si quelqu'un d'autre éprouvait la même chose avec Skycontroller 3? Ai-je un appareil défectueux ou est-ce une caractéristique du contrôleur? Ou existe-t-il un moyen de régler les courbes de sensibilité du contrôleur?
[/CITATION]

No possible whith Anafi ?

I've been trying to learn making smooth video footage with Anafi, and I've found out that my controller has a slight annoying on/off type of quality:
First when a turn the joystick a little, nothing happens. When a turn the joystick more, the drone suddenly starts moving / rotating with a slight jerk - it seems that the sensitivity of the controller is not very good. But when I use the drone with only the smartphone as the controller, using the controls on the touchscreen, everything works well and I'm able to do all the smooth transitions.

I was wondering does anyone else experience the same with Skycontroller 3? Do I have a defective unit, or is this a feature of the controller? Or is there a way to adjust the sensitivity curves of the controller?

Try putting it in SPORT mode to see if that makes any difference...

Try putting it in SPORT mode to see if that makes any difference...
Changing between modes does not seem to affect the fundamental way the controller is working. In Sport mode the on/off quality is more pronounced than in Film mode, as the drone reacts overall quicker. But changing between using Skycontroller 3 <-> Smartphone controller makes a difference

Have you tried the global reactivity to see if that adjusts the joysticks slope/gain angle to your liking?

Reactions: Mr.F
My Anafi behaves the same as the OP. What does global reactivity do? Mine is set at 93% by default I guess. I never adjusted it unless accidentally.

I don't know either, but I'm sure going to find out on my next flight by setting it to the lowest setting! :cool:

My Anafi behaves the same as the OP. What does global reactivity do? Mine is set at 93% by default I guess. I never adjusted it unless accidentally.

93%?? I think RACE mode is only something like 30% and FILM around 15%

I reset the presets and that knocked it down to 15% in film mode. In sport mode it was 100% and resetting the presets knocked it to 30%. I had to reset each mode separately. I'll try it out next chance I get.

Reactions: Zigzag84
I played the reactivity setting, and can't see any obvious difference between 1% and 100%?
At least for moving up/down and rotating there is no clear difference for me.

Hi,
I read this thread with attention , because I get this annoying on/off stick response with my skycontroler3 too... I guess that sticks are way too sensitive, because sometimes I got the feeling that I can adjust speed/climb rate or rotation speed, by moving sticks within a very very tiny range...
I searched in all application settings, but didn't found anything about sticks curves settings...
I tried to play with presets settings, trying to find a good compromise , but it's not as smooth as desired, or the drone is often moving way too slow... :(

I don't know if it's due to a bad quality of the skycontroler3 sticks, or due to the SC3 firmware... :(
Otherwise, I didn't know that anafi can move smooth, controlled directly from the smartphone... but it's not a good and confortable way to control the drone, and the range of control is drastically reduced....

Hope that parrot will solve that problem one day?...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood