Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 3 update error

nrleathers

Reaction score
I just got my Analfi Thermal and was excited to get it out and in the air. I downloaded FF6 on my iPhone xr and connected the controller and turned on the Anafi. It notified me I needed to update firmware. I selected that and then proceeded to update the firmware in the Skycontroller 3 from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3. It made it half way through the update and then I got an Error Update Failed message. Every time I try it gets to the same point and fails. What else can I try? Thanks

Have you charged it? The battery is probably depleted.

Hi,i would turn on anafi,wait 30 seconds,open(turn on ) skycontroller 3 (wait 30 seconds),connect phone/tablet to skycontroller3,wait for freeflight 6 to open,you should see green drone and green controller icon,hit controller icon,hit update and wait...once controller updates it will reset,at that time it will disconnect from phone/tablet and it will show in display....it should tell you that update is done,in my case it never does...i wait for yellow circle to go all around and then i turn off controller,turn it back on and thats it...if your update fails again,try using different phone/tablet and repeat steps above....
Note : In case you are able to update controller,i highly recommend you hit controller icon again and hit Reset then Calibrate.....go back to main screen,hit Drone icon,scroll all way down and hit Reset then do Calibration and Gimbal calibration...hope it works for you

Hi,i would turn on anafi,wait 30 seconds,open(turn on ) skycontroller 3 (wait 30 seconds),connect phone/tablet to skycontroller3,wait for freeflight 6 to open,you should see green drone and green controller icon,hit controller icon,hit update and wait...once controller updates it will reset,at that time it will disconnect from phone/tablet and it will show in display....it should tell you that update is done,in my case it never does...i wait for yellow circle to go all around and then i turn off controller,turn it back on and thats it...if your update fails again,try using different phone/tablet and repeat steps above....
Note : In case you are able to update controller,i highly recommend you hit controller icon again and hit Reset then Calibrate.....go back to main screen,hit Drone icon,scroll all way down and hit Reset then do Calibration and Gimbal calibration...hope it works for you

Thanks for the help. I tried waiting 30 sec and it still gave me the error message. I also trie it on my old iPad mini and it was the same error? The yellow circle only makes it halfway around and then it give the update failed message. The Anafi updated fine after the controller would not update I selected the drone and it updated fine to the latest version? I have sent and email to Parrot, hopefully I will hear back soon.
thanks
nat

Reactions: Skydreamer
On my first anafi I had something similar occur although I don't recall specifics
It was related to not having a charge in controller - although charge indicator was green indicating a full charge
I was using a usb charging hub to charge controller - after 5 minutes I would get a green light
But setup kept failing - I was ready to box up and return to seller - spent hours
But I ran across a post in this forum that suggested using a usb to phone brick charger plugged into outlet
So i allowed controller to drain a little by leaving it on
Then i gave it a try and sure enough after a lengthy time controller actually charged and then setup worked
Not sure why that happened as I use the same charging hub today and it works fine
Good Luck

I've only been able to fly the drone with my phone and not with the controller. Everytime I try to update the software from 1.5 to 1.8.0, I get an error message. What kind of witch craft is necessary to get the controller to recognize the software update? I have an iphone 10. Everything is charged...the cord works....no one is giving me the support I need.

I've only been able to fly the drone with my phone and not with the controller. Everytime I try to update the software from 1.5 to 1.8.0, I get an error message. What kind of witch craft is necessary to get the controller to recognize the software update? I have an iphone 10. Everything is charged...the cord works....no one is giving me the support I need.
Is it giving you a specific error message
Did you update FF6 to version 6.7.4
Is the Drone FW updated to 1.8.0 and only the Controller update that is failing

What do you mean with "able to fly ... with my phone and not with the controller"?
Is your controller correctly paired with the drone?

Is it giving you a specific error message
Did you update FF6 to version 6.7.4
Is the Drone FW updated to 1.8.0 and only the Controller update that is failing
Hello. I have the same issue as Jennifer. The Skycontroller 3 won't finish updating. It gets stuck in the "Update and Reboot" phase and never ends. I've tried several times with different cables and different devices. I've waited 3 hours waiting to complete. My drone and FreeFlight 6 app are up to date. The only way to fly is connecting directly to the drone via WIFI but it's cumbersome to do any flying that way. I wish they would let us skip the update so that we can at least fly with the Skycontroller. Parrot support page (Parrot) is broken and won't let me submit a request as well. It gets an error upon submission. Any ideas are highly appreciated. Rick.

Hello Rickjq,
Is this a new drone or have you flown with the controller before?
You may want to check that the controller is paired correctly to Anafi
Also looks like parrots web site is back online now

Pairing ANAFI to a Parrot Skycontroller 3
This procedure is useful to pair a drone and a controller which have never been paired, and to restore the lost pairing between a drone and a controller.
Make sure that no other device is connected on ANAFI’s wi-fi network
1. Check a compatible microSD card is inserted into ANAFI.
2. Power ANAFI on.
3. Open the Parrot Skycontroller 3 to power it on.
4. Plug the drone and the controller together with an USB-A (controller) to USB-C (drone) cable.
5. The LED of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 flashes briefly in green: it is acknowledging ANAFI.
6. Wait for synchronization between Parrot Skycontroller 3 and ANAFI (steady dark blue LED on the controller): check that the left trigger of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 activates the drone’s gimbal camera tilt to ensure the synch is complete.
7. Unplug the controller from the drone.
After pairing is confirmed connect smart device to controller to see if you connect thru FF6 and to complete update if necessary

Hope this helps
Best of luck

Hello Rickjq,
Is this a new drone or have you flown with the controller before?
You may want to check that the controller is paired correctly to Anafi
Also looks like parrots web site is back online now

Pairing ANAFI to a Parrot Skycontroller 3
This procedure is useful to pair a drone and a controller which have never been paired, and to restore the lost pairing between a drone and a controller.
Make sure that no other device is connected on ANAFI’s wi-fi network
1. Check a compatible microSD card is inserted into ANAFI.
2. Power ANAFI on.
3. Open the Parrot Skycontroller 3 to power it on.
4. Plug the drone and the controller together with an USB-A (controller) to USB-C (drone) cable.
5. The LED of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 flashes briefly in green: it is acknowledging ANAFI.
6. Wait for synchronization between Parrot Skycontroller 3 and ANAFI (steady dark blue LED on the controller): check that the left trigger of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 activates the drone’s gimbal camera tilt to ensure the synch is complete.
7. Unplug the controller from the drone.
After pairing is confirmed connect smart device to controller to see if you connect thru FF6 and to complete update if necessary

Hope this helps
Best of luck
Hi BRC. Thanks for your reply. I have owned my Anafi since December 2020. Yes, they are paired. I have flown over 30 times with the Skycontroller 3 since December. My last flight was in May 2021. I tried flying using the Skycontroller two days ago and ran into the Firmware update that never completes issue. When I try flying using the Skycontroller the Freeflight 6 app will not let me without doing the update first. I've tried restoring and calibrating the Skycontroller but that doesn't seem to help. I just tried submitting a support ticket to Parrot again but the page won't submit because of an undefined field error in their form.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.43.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.43.09 AM.png
    520.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi Rick -
Can be a challenge to reach parrot support - not sure if number below is still active
North America Parrot Customer Support - Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
1 (877) 972-7768 I just tried it rings several times then disconnects - maybe try on Monday
You could also try to perform a hard reset on drone - I have attached Anafi troubleshooting guide for reference
If all else fails and you want to meet up with me at Apollo Airfield in Encino we could try my controller with your drone, etc.,
Good luck!

Attachments

• troubleshooting_anafi (3).pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Rickjq
Hi Rick -
Can be a challenge to reach parrot support - not sure if number below is still active
North America Parrot Customer Support - Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
1 (877) 972-7768 I just tried it rings several times then disconnects - maybe try on Monday
You could also try to perform a hard reset on drone - I have attached Anafi troubleshooting guide for reference
If all else fails and you want to meet up with me at Apollo Airfield in Encino we could try my controller with your drone, etc.,
Good luck!
Thanks for the info BRC. I will give them a call Monday hopefully I get a hold of someone. I saw they released even another update today but still no luck installing it. Encino is a bit out of my way but I'll keep you in mind in case I cannot get the controller up-and-running again. (y)

Thanks for the info BRC. I will give them a call Monday hopefully I get a hold of someone. I saw they released even another update today but still no luck installing it. Encino is a bit out of my way but I'll keep you in mind in case I cannot get the controller up-and-running again. (y)
After many calls at different times of the day, trying to submit support forms through the web and posting on Parrot's FB page about not getting support, I've come to the conclusion that they have abandoned ship. Not one soul, voicemail or autobot answering any calls, emails, FB, etc etc. Parrot has flown away. That's so sad. I guess I'll start looking into DJI, hoping they have better or at least existent support.

After many calls at different times of the day, trying to submit support forms through the web and posting on Parrot's FB page about not getting support, I've come to the conclusion that they have abandoned ship. Not one soul, voicemail or autobot answering any calls, emails, FB, etc etc. Parrot has flown away. That's so sad. I guess I'll start looking into DJI, hoping they have better or at least existent support.
It's a shame that Parrot's support is almost non existent -
You may want to try to send an email to - [email protected] - letting them know that web support submission form is not working
I did get an automated reply for this email address but not sure if it is being monitored

Used controllers can be found on ebay for $50 - $75 - don't know if that would solve your problem
Good luck and please share if you find a solution
Best

It's a shame that Parrot's support is almost non existent -
You may want to try to send an email to - [email protected] - letting them know that web support submission form is not working
I did get an automated reply for this email address but not sure if it is being monitored

Used controllers can be found on ebay for $50 - $75 - don't know if that would solve your problem
Good luck and please share if you find a solution
Best
Thanks BRC. I will try that email as well. I really like my Anafi but cannot have this non-support non-sense.

I agree - you should be able to find the SC3 cheaply as that is the most common item people will have left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking