Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SkyController problem ?

Mibor85

Reaction score
Hello
I have a problem connecting the drone with skycontroller3, yesterday after turning on the drone, after about 1 minute of flight the message no connection appeared on the screen. I could control the drone, but I could not see anything on the smartphone screen except information no connection. After disconnecting the usb cable from the skycontroller and reconnecting, the connection was restored for a while and disappeared again. I waited for the battery to run out and caught the drone. After returning home, I tried to connect the skycontroller to the smartphone, the free flight application started, unfortunately the skycontroller did not connect to the drone. The free flight 6 app launches on the smartphone but does not connect to the drone but charges the smartphone batteries. I checked on 4 different USB C cables. Unfortunately the drone did not connect to the skycontroller. The drone and Skycontroller are updated to the latest versions when connecting to the drone via WIFI can control it via a smartphone.

Earlier I did not have this type of problem, the drone is under warranty, I have a Xiaiomi Mi 9SE smartphone.
Thank you for your help.

below a link to the pictures with messages

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app would be my suggestion.

Does the app on the phone control the drone (Inc video) when not using the controller?

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app would be my suggestion.

Does the app on the phone control the drone (Inc video) when not using the controller?
Reinstaled 3 times, still this same.
Video works Only on WIFI.

Do you have wifi turned off on the smartphone?
I second this. You appear to still have the phone WiFi enabled in the first picture. Also, do you have a different phone/tablet to try?

As Liger also said before, check the USB port in the Controller hasn't been damaged. a few people have reported them breaking, typically by storing the controller with the cable plugged in or sitting the controller down with everything all hooked up (which tends to cause the controller to tip forward and put undue pressure on the port via the cable).

However in your case the USB port situation seems unlikely as your phone is acknowledging being connected to the controller (app launches and shows the controller charge etc).

Your issue seems to be with the controller not talking to the drone when a device is used, yet it does work on its own - so sounds like interference (i.e. Device not in airplane mode).

Last edited:
Its no difference whe WIFI is ON or OFF

sorry for quality this is short video

I don't have another phone.. :( to try it.

Its no difference whe WIFI is ON or OFF

sorry for quality this is short video

I don't have another phone.. :( to try it.
Its difficult to see in the video, but it doesn't look to me like the controller is connected to the drone prior to you plugging the phone in (led isn't blue).

Have you tried controlling the drone via the controller on its own to confirm its paired properly?

I think I've seen it mentioned that you can re-pair the drone & controller by connecting them via the cable and powering them up (not sure about this, never had a need to myself).

Led before plugging the phone is light blue and dark blue, i can control dron via smarthpone in WIFI mode.

I was actually asking whether you could control the drone with the controller (not your phone), but a blue led is I believe indicating a connection.

Dunno. Suggest you log a ticket with parrot support.

Have you actually tried connecting the controller to the drone.

1) switch wifi OFF on the phone.
2) switch on Drone
3) connect controller to phone
4) click on the controller icon on the FF6
5) click reset, and then connect button.
6) enter drone wifi password
7) and see if it connects to the drone.

I was actually asking whether you could control the drone with the controller (not your phone), but a blue led is I believe indicating a connection.

Dunno. Suggest you log a ticket with parrot support.

Done IT yesterday :)

Have you actually tried connecting the controller to the drone.

1) switch wifi OFF on the phone.
2) switch on Drone
3) connect controller to phone
4) click on the controller icon on the FF6
5) click reset, and then connect button.
6) enter drone wifi password
7) and see if it connects to the drone.

Still this same...
I noticed a strange thing, in the logs there is no information about my last flight where the connection with the skycontroller was broken.

Hello Together,

I have exact the same problem after updating my controller and app. I tried one IPhone 7 Plus and one Iphone 8...no connection. One Week ago I sent an email to the support team but I did nit get any reply. I guess it is a bug inside the update. If I get now anwer within one week, I will retunr my 8 month used drone.

You are better off phoning them. They do not return emails very often.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I'll wait till tomorrow

Maybe it's a silly question, do you know what the maximum range is if I wanted to fly with a WIFI spartphone drone connection without using a skycontroller?
And is it safe?
I usually fly at a height of 120 m and a distance of up to 500-600 m

It does seem that your Skycontroller 3 wifi has failed.

I would look to returning/replacing it rather than trying to get support.

You could try this as one last test. Start the Anafi, start the Skycontroller 3 and now take your USB-c cable and plug one end into the Anafi's battery and the other end into the Skycontroller 3. Watch for blinking LED's. this will confirm your controller is paired to your Anafi. After that connect the phone back up as you would normally. If you still have no video\picture from the phone then yes you should return it at place of purchase as that would be a lot faster then waiting for Parrot to exchange it.

Reactions: Mibor85

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456