Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SkyController3 and iPhone IOS 15.3

Achernar

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone experienced connection issues using the Sky Controller 3 (sc3) and iOS version 15.3 on an iphone 12 or 13?

Hi,

Has anyone experienced connection issues using the Sky Controller 3 (sc3) and iOS version 15.3 on an iphone 12 or 13?
Hello Achernar
I normally use an android device but just tested on an iPhone 12 IOS version 15.3.1
All worked fine, no problem connecting and staying connected using FF6 ver 6.7.5

Reactions: Achernar
What type of connection issues are you experiencing. Have you been able to connect in past or is this a brand new drone

I was having difficulties keeping a stable connection to the drone when using the IPhone with SkyController 3 to an Anafi 4k. I followed all the instructions and went through the troubleshooting guide from Parrot. The end result is i suspect the Skycontroller 3 has a USB port problem so I sent it back for a replacement from BH Photo.

The Wi-Fi connection was strong when I connected the SkyController 3 to the drone or when I connected the iPhone to the drone. When it was the iPhone connected via usb to the drone via the SC3, it would lose connection within a matter of seconds.

Glad I listened to my voice of reason and didn’t try flying before the pre flight checks.

Reactions: BRC
Hello Achernar
I normally use an android device but just tested on an iPhone 12 IOS version 15.3.1
All worked fine, no problem connecting and staying connected using FF6 ver 6.7.5
Just to clarify... Was the iphone connected to a Skycontroller 3 via usb and the drone was connected or directly connected to the drone?

Just to clarify... Was the iphone connected to a Skycontroller 3 via usb and the drone was connected or directly connected to the drone?
The iphone was connected to usb on controller with phone wifi off and in airplane mode
Using controller with smart device the connection is made between the controller and drone
In this case the smart device on the most part is just a display along with providing GPS for phone and some telemetry readings
I set network connection in FF6 to manual and usually select an upper 5ghz channel - auto setting tends to drop connection if there is interference in the area
I thought I saw another post from you early yesterday with some of the troubleshooting you had performed and was thinking it sounded like a bad usb port on controller
I went back to look for post to respond but was unable to locate it, others have had issues with usb connector
Glad you were able to return for replacement a very good decision!
Once you receive it if you encounter problems just post to forum, likely someone here will be able to provide guidance
btw. for future thought there are some benefits to using an android device utilizing a modified version of FF6 that provides voltage readings while flying
Are you located in the US?
Wishing you the best of luck and happy flying

In response to your questions...

The iphone was connected to usb on controller with phone wifi off and in airplane mode. Yes
Using controller with smart device the connection is made between the controller and drone. Yes. Tried both controller directly connected to drone for sync and controller to phone... to drone.
In this case the smart device on the most part is just a display along with providing GPS for phone and some telemetry readings
I set network connection in FF6 to manual and usually select an upper 5ghz channel - auto setting tends to drop connection if there is interference in the area
I thought I saw another post from you early yesterday with some of the troubleshooting you had performed and was thinking it sounded like a bad usb port on controller
I went back to look for post to respond but was unable to locate it, others have had issues with usb connector
Glad you were able to return for replacement a very good decision!
Once you receive it if you encounter problems just post to forum, likely someone here will be able to provide guidance
btw. for future thought there are some benefits to using an android device utilizing a modified version of FF6 that provides voltage readings while flying. I've been thinking about getting a used tablet or phone off of ebay just for flying drones.
Are you located in the US? Yes
Wishing you the best of luck and happy flying. Thanks!

Just a follow up... I setup a return for my drone purchase and asked for a replacement. Unfortunately, by the time they processed the return the Anafi 4k was out of stock. They said they would notify me when they get some more in, however I suspect it's going to be discontinued. Ended up purchasing a used Extended Anafi 4k and everything is working as expected.

With a little luck, I should be flying my drone for the first time in the next few days.

Just a follow up... I setup a return for my drone purchase and asked for a replacement. Unfortunately, by the time they processed the return the Anafi 4k was out of stock. They said they would notify me when they get some more in, however I suspect it's going to be discontinued. Ended up purchasing a used Extended Anafi 4k and everything is working as expected.

With a little luck, I should be flying my drone for the first time in the next few days.
That is great news Achernar
Suggest you read up on proper care of batteries as it’s important. A good thread below
Happy flying

Reactions: Achernar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator