Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SmartDronies not working "Subject Lost"

parrotben

Reaction score
Hi, drone is flying fine. Follow Me purchased and GPS signal all good and green. But whenever I try to use a smartdronie mode, the anafi tells me "subject lost" and just turns towards me instead of executing eg. parabula or orbit etc.
I understand that FollowMe follows the person holding the remote.
But smartdronies should work on any designated object, now?
What can I do to resolve this?
Thx for your help.
Phone is a samsung galaxy S9+

I find if the person or object is in the shadows or low light it will not find the subject. Also clothes that blend in to the back ground is not the best.

But smartdronies should work on any designated object, now?

I'm not sure about that. During Follow me(including Follow me Dronies) or simple Dronies I think Anafi uses the GPS in the device(not the controller). You can also Follow/Dronie just using the device without using a controller.

When you start Follow me the app looks for GPS in the drone, device and the optional barometer. When you start non Follow Dronie the app looks for GPS in the drone and device; this tells me it is using the device for GPS positioning.

For the record I am a big fan of GPS follow, I understand off board(full optical) Follow like DJI pushes has the advantage to track a subject without a device; however, this is very dangerous. Parrot did it right using GPS and GS barometer for X,Y Z positioning.

Hers some Follow dronie shots:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut