Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Smartphone connection problem

erdikayabinar

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a connection problem with my bebop 2. I didn’t use the drone for about 2 years and after 2 years when i tried to start it, connection problems occured. Firstly, i tried with an iPhone. There is no problem with wi-fi connection but in free flight pro app, there is no connection with drone. Then i tried with an android device. At that time i can connect with drone in free flight pro app but there was a new update. When i tried to update the drone it was written that “connect your drone” and nothing happened. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Do you have skycontroller if yes is it 1 or 2,(just curious,not important at this time)....so here what i would do,reinstall freeflight pro app in iphone and android,turn off android for now.
turn on bebop 2,in iphone go to settings,hit wifi and find Bebopxxxx network ,hit bebop network to connect,once connected close settings,start freeflight pro...do you see live video stream or are you prompted to update bebop,if so procced with update

thank you for reply. I don t have skycontroller. I did everything you mentioned but that was not a solution.

Update your iOS to the latest and or android to the latest version. Than update the FFP app to the latest version, than connect to the drone and update the drone firmware.

There are some instances that incompatible (Firmware, Phone operating system, App versions). Its best to have all of them to the latest possible version for best connectivity.

Cordially,
Anthony

Update your iOS to the latest and or android to the latest version. Than update the FFP app to the latest version, than connect to the drone and update the drone firmware.

There are some instances that incompatible (Firmware, Phone operating system, App versions). Its best to have all of them to the latest possible version for best connectivity.

Cordially,
Anthony

Hi,
All devices are up to date but everything is still same.

Hi,
All devices are up to date but everything is still same.

Thank you for the information.

You can try this.

1. Delete the APP from your device. Ensure that if you use other devices to connect to the drone (THIS IS IMPORTANT) make sure they are switched off. (This is because they will all connect to the drone as soon as the drone's WiFi is available).

2. Reset the drone (Power on wait for boot to complete "Red light stays solid and bright") once it completed boot. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or until you hear the fan shut down. Than release the button. The drone will reboot twice, be patient and do not press the button while it is resetting itself.

Once the drone completely boots the second time. (Red light solid, bright and fan continuously on) open the app on your phone and tap connect. It will take you to your phones WiFi. If it does not go to the phones WiFi and connect to the drone manually than go back to the app. The drone telemetry and video should be displayed.

This is from the information that you provided which tells me that the drone is connected to multiple devices and can not load telemetry to one specific device.

Cordially.
Anthony

Thank you for the information.

You can try this.

1. Delete the APP from your device. Ensure that if you use other devices to connect to the drone (THIS IS IMPORTANT) make sure they are switched off. (This is because they will all connect to the drone as soon as the drone's WiFi is available).

2. Reset the drone (Power on wait for boot to complete "Red light stays solid and bright") once it completed boot. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or until you hear the fan shut down. Than release the button. The drone will reboot twice, be patient and do not press the button while it is resetting itself.

Once the drone completely boots the second time. (Red light solid, bright and fan continuously on) open the app on your phone and tap connect. It will take you to your phones WiFi. If it does not go to the phones WiFi and connect to the drone manually than go back to the app. The drone telemetry and video should be displayed.

This is from the information that you provided which tells me that the drone is connected to multiple devices and can not load telemetry to one specific device.

Cordially.
Anthony
Thank you very much, it is all done now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator