Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tablet Connection

Metairieman55

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab E Tablet which is compatible with Anafi. The unit was originally obtained for our business phone (with its own phone number and sim), but we have switched providers, thus I have removed the sim card. It is fully operational with wifi, downloading updates, etc., other than phone dialing. My personal Anafi connection is with my current Samsung Galaxy S9+ which is working just fine for flying. However, I was hoping to use the bigger screen tablet but, of course, I'm getting a "No internet connection" when I hook up. I'm also aware of the "tethering" option for internet from phone to tablet but I'm just curious if the Anafi system actually needs the Internet Connection if I've pre-loaded the maps at home with wifi. Tethering is logical but how does that play into the "airplane mode" suggestion when operating?

Thanks for any advice.

[...] Tethering is logical but how does that play into the "airplane mode" suggestion when operating?

Thanks for any advice.
The airplane mode is shutting down ALL external connections via radios.
But you can switch on wifi, AFTER you switched into airplane mode.

I do that all the time, cause I like the sat view on my tablet, but, as Augustine wrote, you can "just" download the map, switch wifi off again and are good to go.

Aside that my Anafi and remote are switched to 5.8, / 165, and my hotspot is on 2.4, so that I do not expect "trouble", it is not like a DJI Spark , device wifi connected to the remote.
Also the flight mode should stop calls, messages, whatever notification could show up on the screen, distracting the pilot and limiting his streamed view for a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar