Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Terrain following

IFRINIMC

Reaction score
I’ve been using Pix4Dcapture to conduct all of my mapping. I am finding I need to follow terrain in areas of elevation changes greater than 30 meters. I have access to topographic data that could be used with Pix4Dcapture but terrain following is not available. Flight Plan would take too much time to setup. ANAFI is not compatible with Drone Deploy that has terrain following. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Have you tried using Litchi? I believe some members have successfully used it for elevation changes.

Have you tried using Litchi? I believe some members have successfully used it for elevation changes.

Does Litchi work with Anafi?

Some of the options do. You have to read through the post to understand how to use it.
I followed the discussion about reconfiguring Litchi for ANAFI. I am afraid to alter code. I will lose business to a DJI pilot. Thanks for reading.

SPH Engineering has a Ground Control Station that accepts DEM information. I've used it for years with Ardupilot copters and also with the DJI M600. They have just begun to introduce compatibility with Parrot Anafi. You'll need to download their Beta Version. I just learned about compatibility today and haven't yet flown it with my Anafi, but you might want to look into it.

SPH Engineering has a Ground Control Station that accepts DEM information. I've used it for years with Ardupilot copters and also with the DJI M600. They have just begun to introduce compatibility with Parrot Anafi. You'll need to download their Beta Version. I just learned about compatibility today and haven't yet flown it with my Anafi, but you might want to look into it.

Wow thats a whole lot of learning. LOL Looks pretty impressive

@cndnflyr
I would be very interested in your findings if you test this out. I downloaded the Windows version. When opening it up it asks for a licence activation which I do not have. If you just close that part down it shows you a demo version. Not sure how to use this with the Anafi but looks to be very detailed. If you find the time can you post your work flow for usig this program with the Anafi as there seems to be very little to no tutorials for the Anafi and how one would get started.

I was able to create a route and export it as a .Json file that I later renamed savedPlan.Json so FF6 would recognizes it but all that did was freeze FF6 and make the App crash until I removed it from the flight plan.

Last edited:
@cndnflyr
I would be very interested in your findings if you test this out. I downloaded the Windows version. When opening it up it asks for a licence activation which I do not have. If you just close that part down it shows you a demo version. Not sure how to use this with the Anafi but looks to be very detailed. If you find the time can you post your work flow for usig this program with the Anafi as there seems to be very little to no tutorials for the Anafi and how one would get started.

I was able to create a route and export it as a .Json file that I later renamed savedPlan.Json so FF6 would recognizes it but all that did was freeze FF6 and make the App crash until I removed it from the flight plan.
Exactly why I do attempt altering code on third party firmware. My next post would be in a “My Anafi drop from the sky“ thread.

Reactions: Gundamx9x1
Exactly why I do attempt altering code on third party firmware. My next post would be in a “My Anafi drop from the sky“ thread.
Interesting you should say that as I am looking to get back into coding/software development since the whole covid thing left me jobless I'm looking at different areas to start a new career and by getting my hands on the anafi I realized that the software developers are a joke at least on the ANAFI side but then again it has allot to so with the fact that much of the software/hardware info is "top secret" because of their military affiliation so yeah if we can make something open source that would be great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame