Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Parrot Anafi drone fell into the sea!

The man with the drone

Reaction score
Hi.
The inevitable happened... After many situations seen on the internet with Parrot Anafi drones falling from the sky inexplicably, it happened to me too.
I flew the drone on a beach until about 40% of the battery and when I was bringing it to land at about 110 m I inexplicably lost the signal and it never came back home.
I waited for him to come home, but I had no luck. In the application it appears that it lost the signal 110 m from me, in the sea.
The battery was not old, it did not have many charge cycles.
I was expecting this situation and I had a spare DJI drone.
I'm sorry for this situation, because I was a Parrot fan and started with Parrot AR Drone, parrot bebop 1, parrot bebop 2 and Anafi.
Because Parrot no longer makes commercial drones, I had to switch to DJI...

Thanks for the topics on this form because they were very useful, especially those with app mod.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804-223944.png
    Screenshot_20230804-223944.png
    687.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230804-224101.png
    Screenshot_20230804-224101.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Hi.
The inevitable happened... After many situations seen on the internet with Parrot Anafi drones falling from the sky inexplicably, it happened to me too.
I flew the drone on a beach until about 40% of the battery and when I was bringing it to land at about 110 m I inexplicably lost the signal and it never came back home.
I waited for him to come home, but I had no luck. In the application it appears that it lost the signal 110 m from me, in the sea.
The battery was not old, it did not have many charge cycles.
I was expecting this situation and I had a spare DJI drone.
I'm sorry for this situation, because I was a Parrot fan and started with Parrot AR Drone, parrot bebop 1, parrot bebop 2 and Anafi.
Because Parrot no longer makes commercial drones, I had to switch to DJI...

Thanks for the topics on this form because they were very useful, especially those with app mod.
I can empathize because a Critical Battery Failure happened to me recently. On a nice peaceful day at the beach. Nothing to do but watch it descend into the waves.

Did you see if it fell hard into water or slowly landed into it? Did you have rth GPS set green before taking off? Did you check back at beach on connection loss sometimes it will just hover out there for 20 plus min before rth

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.
Your last position snap shot shows the drone was going the wrong way. I have found that the Anafi controller needs to have a 80% charge on it to be reliable. Here in the US we have to always be in sight of the drones without special waivers.

Sorry for your loss.
Your last position snap shot shows the drone was going the wrong way. I have found that the Anafi controller needs to have a 80% charge on it to be reliable. Here in the US we have to always be in sight of the drones without special waivers.
Hi.
Thanks for your input on this topic.The drone didn't come home alone, I brought it home.
The drone was in my line of sight, but I wasn't flying over the beach because there were people.
A good day.

I can empathize because a Critical Battery Failure happened to me recently. On a nice peaceful day at the beach. Nothing to do but watch it descend into the waves.
Here is some educational material about the failure potential of aging LiPo drone batteries. While it was written for the remaining owners of a 3DR Solo, many observations could be relevant to Anafi 4K batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53