Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Took me a few years, but here I am

Reject

Reaction score
Hello, hello

I posted here (I think) a few years back when I was thinking about getting a Parrot Bebop. There and then that never materialized, but now finally, some two years afterwards, I aquired a Parrot Bebop 2.

It's a very stable drone and the image stabilzation seems magic to me. I still dont know how they do it, but it is amazing :) So far I've only flown in a very small field and over a designated RC fields. The area of southern Sweden where I live is very crowded so it's hard to find a spot away from housing, cars and people.

Hopefully I'll encounter some good places to take to the skies soon.

@mikeexplorer I really cant fault it myself. Only ever drone I had was a no-name toy drone. It was kinda fun until it one day decided on its own to head west towards the horizon...the image quality of the camera was dreadful though, with no gimbal or stabilisation either, of course.

For me, with my current budget, I think the Bebop 2 was the best I could get. I love its stability and camera wise it's more than enough for me by a large margin.

I even got a spare battery and 8 extra props and a backpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonktastic
It's a shame that Parrot don't update the Bebop 2 with a superior camera, I can cope with the video quality but constantly fiddling with the fisheye shots to straighten them has become a chore,the other picture resolutions really don't come out well ,anyway good luck with your Bebop,mine has turned out to be stunningly reliable and it really is easy to set up and fly.

There is a setting to change, forget offhand when you take a picture, its normal, not fisheye. It is a lower resolution photo compared to the fisheye. I have found the video quality to be fine for my flights. Its been a reliable drone, had two good crashes but keeps on going. I have almost 200 flights on this drone.

Mike

Yes it's in the photo settings,but while dng / raw is the best quality it's also a pain because- as I'm sure you know- what you see is not what you get. I was trying to make the point that whilst the Bebop 2 is a really good reliable drone the camera is somewhat lacking,and I'm sure that if Parrot uprated the camera it would be a good buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame