Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

UgCS support - tips & tricks

lemieszek

Reaction score
Hi all!

UgCS is now supporting Anafi in its beta version: UgCS 4.0 (113) BETA

This is awesome. This is the most complete flight planning software I know.

I drew up a short plan with the beta version and exported a .json file. I copied it to \Phone\FreeFlight 6\flightPlan folder of my Android, created a test folder and put the .json inside with the name savedPlan.json and a png screenshot I grabbed for another mission (just to keep the folder structure). When I try to open missions on my FF6 app it crashes, so what I did is not right :p

Anyone has experience with this process?

Thanks!

I opened the UgCS JSON and what's in there is actually the polygon of the mission I had (I picked "photogrammetry"). I thought I was onto something because at first I picked "export mission" on the main menu. I tried the same thing with "export route" (3 gears icon under the route floating menu), but same problem. Ditto for after converting the route to waypoints under the same menu.

Opening both JSONs side by side it appears the commands and terms used are not the same. I guess they're the same file format but not the same language after all...

Reactions: sibujacob
It’s been a while since I last used UgCs, I used it with my P2’s, Naza equipped Hexa’s, and Pixhawk builds, but I wasn’t aware they had now included the Anafi. Time to start playing again.

Nidge.

So here's a typical waypoint from FlightPlan:

{
"latitude": -19.924075565732704,
"longitude": -43.95239286124706,
"altitude": 282,
"yaw": 175.3417510986328,
"speed": 5,
"continue": true,
"followPOI": false,
"follow": 1,
"lastYaw": 0
},

And here's a typical waypoint from UgCS:

{
"type" : "Waypoint",
"actions" : [ {
"type" : "CameraSeriesByDistance",
"interval" : 36.144000000000005,
"shotsNumber" : 3,
"startDelay" : 0.0,
"autoCalc" : true
} ],
"point" : {
"latitude" : -0.34745974234846155,
"longitude" : -0.7669654157592474,
"altitude" : 107.29838074398253,
"altitudeType" : "AGL"
},
"parameters" : {
"avoidObstacles" : true,
"avoidTerrain" : true,
"speed" : 5.0,
"wpTurnType" : "SPLINE",
"altitudeType" : "AGL"
}
}

The structure is completely different so it'll never work directly, but seems like the same info is there and should be child's play to adapt for anyone who understands about programming. Unfortunately I don't :LOL:

It is nice they have tried to include the Anafi but to me if they want someone to spend that amount of money they want for their subscription a month they better do a better job at documentation and tutorials. There is no way I would ever spend that much money on this App no matter how good it is. I have better things to buy like groceries. :rolleyes:

Reactions: sibujacob
You would think they would have some kind of working platform before announcing that Anafi is now supported which in reality it is just in the testing stage. Starting to lose interest in this company very fast.

It is nice they have tried to include the Anafi but to me if they want someone to spend that amount of money they want for their subscription a month they better do a better job at documentation and tutorials. There is no way I would ever spend that much money on this App no matter how good it is. I have better things to buy like groceries. :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, support is still in beta, so it's to be expected that documentation is lacking. What I think they should do is offer a "hobbyist" license (preferably a one off) for owners of Anafi and other budget drones. I don't see myself shelling out 600 usd or 39 a month for it but I would spend like 80 dollars if I could just use the plans created on UgCS.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yes I agree. It is way over priced for my needs. I could handle a yearly fee of around 70-100 us bucks but that would even be high considering the exchange rate here in Canada.

Reactions: lemieszek
Hi all!

UgCS is now supporting Anafi in its beta version: UgCS 4.0 (113) BETA

This is awesome. This is the most complete flight planning software I know.

I drew up a short plan with the beta version and exported a .json file. I copied it to \Phone\FreeFlight 6\flightPlan folder of my Android, created a test folder and put the .json inside with the name savedPlan.json and a png screenshot I grabbed for another mission (just to keep the folder structure). When I try to open missions on my FF6 app it crashes, so what I did is not right :p

Anyone has experience with this process?

Thanks!
there is a mod flight plan app in android where you can prepare your flight on desktop pc and transfer the same into your phone as it creates the same files as the original app.
So the question is what UGS does differently ?

there is a mod flight plan app in android where you can prepare your flight on desktop pc and transfer the same into your phone as it creates the same files as the original app.
So the question is what UGS does differently ?

I'm not sure which app you're referring to... But I'm guessing it doesn't support mapping (picking an area and automatically creating a path) or terrain following, does it?

Last edited:
I'm not sure which app you're referring to... But I'm guessing it doesn't support mapping (picking an area and automatically creating a path) or terrain following, does it?
You can use the free flight plan to first do the creation of the flight plan and then there are many options to click your photos/ videos at regular intervals !! The weblink to this program as indicated below

You can use the free flight plan to first do the creation of the flight plan and then there are many options to click your photos/ videos at regular intervals !! The weblink to this program as indicated below
This looks nice! But still no option to draw an area and have it calculate a mapping trajectory (for given GSD and overlaps)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320