Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

unable to update skycontroller 3

mcdostone

Reaction score
hi,
i'm trying to update the skycontroller 3 but the update progress is stuck.

I tried to update the controller on an android and and ipad, same issue.
Is there a way to bypass this issue?
thanks in advance!

signal-2022-12-08-133840-002.jpg

signal-2022-12-08-133836.jpg

I've read this thread, all the solutions don't work unfortunately.
- hard reset during 20 seconds
- Done flies without any issues when connected directly to my phone via WIFI.
- I am able to control the gimbal when connected to the drone via USB (so sync works perfectly)
- I've tried different cables, different phones, different operating systems

What about using your cell data vs your router?

Factory Reset SC3?

Maybe a security setting in your router or something is blocking it?
Or how you setup ios or android FF6 properties

Last edited:
Same issue when using cell data.
I just connect the controller to my android phone or the ipad. The controller is recognized perfectly by the device but the update fails every time.

Strange. I really don't know why Parrot doesn't have a verify integrity of files system that verifies the files to make sure they are all there and re downloads missing ones if they are
corrupt or missing. Steam has this feature and works great.

What I had to do is:
1: Delete FF6 from my device (ios)
2: Update IOS to current
3: Re-install FF6
4: Update SC3 & Anafi as FF6 commands
Finis. I believe it's a 'Which came first' scenario, whereas a device os update goes public that prompts app designers (Parrot) to follow suit. If you try to update the latest rev app upon an older rev OS, it hangs, because that older OS doesn't accommodate the latest provisions within the app. An alerting statement from the app should & would end that confusion, but Parrot's programmers fail to write that code IMHO. Hope this helps.

I followed your instructions, but still not working... I contacted parrot support: they told me I should be able to update the SC3 by putting the update file on a a USB stick and plug it to the controller but nothing is working.
I don't know if the problem comes from the controller or the app...

I contacted parrot support: they told me I should be able to update the SC3 by putting the update file on a a USB stick and plug it to the controller but nothing is working.
Interesting.... And where do they expect you to get the update file from? And method to transfer it to usb stick?

Wow, that's a first! Transferring from a usb stick/thumb drive...Parrot support is really reaching with that suggestion. Ask them to forward the file to you. . .then again, nevermind-it'd most likely be malicious!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut