Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Uploading videos to YouTube and resolution

Shiningmonk

Reaction score
How do you post video in high quality on YouTube? There is no option anywhere in the YouTube settings to specify resolution, my Internet speed is very fast (200Mbps down and about 50Mbps up) but my videos, shot in HDD or 4K have their resolution reduced so much when uploaded to YouTube. (I've tried Google searches and even help-chatted a Google One customer agent who didn't know the answer).

Up loading direct to youtube you really do not have to do anything but wait for the processing time. Big files take a long time for youtube to render. Are you using a editing program to upload or direct to youtube?

What are you using to edit your videos, what settings are you rendering in?

I either upload from my browser or using Filmora video editing programming. But I think I figured it out.

A. Despite the instructions to the contrary, you don't specify a resolution when uploading a video to YouTube, you just upload the video in its existing resolution.

B. When viewing the video, YouTube automatically lowers the resolution to match what it thinks is your Internet speed, though you can select an option to watch it in a higher resolution.

C. I think that Android viewers like smart phones don't allow 1080 resolution, but I may be wrong.

D. The best thing to do is to upload to YouTube in the best resolution possible, even if the upload takes longer.

I just let YouTube handle that stuff. If you watch it back as soon as it is available it will not be available in the highest resolution. Upload it. Go and make a coffee, then watch it once it has processed. I tend to wait until I have seen that YouTube has rendered it in the resolution I uploaded it in before I hit the "Publish" button, that is that resolution is displayed as a playback option. That way nobody is going to see it in low resolution unless that is their choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood