Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

USB C disconnects with controller

mafialink

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue where the USB c connection between the controller and phone (Samsung s20g) connect and disconnect frequently during flight?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

The usb socket / circuitry on the controller is susceptible to damage. That said, you also need to rule out a iffy cable or even phone socket.

hth

The usb socket / circuitry on the controller is susceptible to damage. That said, you also need to rule out a iffy cable or even phone socket.

hth
I'm going to try this on my iPad mini. I don't recall having this issue there. I'll report back.

From the controller to the phone it is not a "real" USB-C connection.
It is a USB connection via a USB-A 2 USB-C cable.
Have you used YOUR charger cable or the cable from the Anafi?
Both usually should do, both are Data / charger cable.
If both fail there is a big chance, the remote side is faulty.
Or the Samsung don't like the remote

No. Should it be?

You can try, but:

Imho (just my2c, I fly always with internet on the device) is that not a problem, not for high performing phones, at least!
I fly often with my "main phone", which is then connected to mobil data.
Or with a tablet, which then has a wifi connection to my main device.
The problem, that mobil data, or a wifi connection, can get you in:
During flight some messages are popping up or a phone call comes in, stuff like that.
You get easily distracted? flightmode
You can swipe it away? never mind
As long the remote is connected via cable to the device, I really don't see there trouble coming up.

But what I think can be, with your new 5G phone:
It might need a different app to work well.
So the next one, perhaps.
Or try an older one from last year, just for a test

I had connections problems once and discovered that I hadn't put my phone in Aeroplane mode, once I did that there was no more connections problems..... the controller and the phone wifi fight one another to gain a connection to the drone...

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
I had connections problems once and discovered that I hadn't put my phone in Aeroplane mode, once I did that there was no more connections problems..... the controller and the phone wifi fight one another to gain a connection to the drone...
You don't need "flight modus" for it, just switch the wifi off.
And it is easy to overcome:
Delete the drones wifi from the phone.You don't need it, as long you use the RC, anyway.

You don't need "flight modus" for it, just switch the wifi off.
And it is easy to overcome:
Delete the drones wifi from the phone.You don't need it, as long you use the RC, anyway.

I'm paranoid......LOL....

Anyone have an issue where the USB c connection between the controller and phone (Samsung s20g) connect and disconnect frequently during flight?

Galaxy Note 9 S here. I have a couple of cables that constantly disconnect and reconnect to the controller. Fortunately, I found a heavier cable that came with a GoPro kit and it works fine.

Have you tried the Anafi battery charger cable?
That is also working. It should, at least

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut