Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Used anafi arrived

aeristudios

Reaction score
Got my used Anafi tonight in the mail and am charging up the batteries, having only flown DJI I'm wondering what if anything should I know before moving on to downloading the app and doing a test flight?

I think the best advice to give to anyone is to ensure they read the manual fully. I know its not something us guys like to do :) but I think in this case it would be helpful to do so.

Good read through the forum and try and learn from others mistakes where possible. More importantly, be sensible, obey your local rules and regs, and enjoy. The Anafi is an awesome bird, and with it being so quiet, does not attract the attention like the DJI drones do.

I agree with @d95gas but I would also advise you to carefully examine the Anafi, especially the propellers, for any damage before you fly it and take it slowly to make sure that the craft is behaving as it should.

Reactions: d95gas
I'm also new to Anafi but an old DJI's drones user (Phantom 3A and Mavic Pro) that I still use mainly with Litchi App. There is nothing particular to recommand before flying the Anafi. Just become familiar with Free Flight 6 which is pretty different from Go or Go4 (and indeed from Litchi) and don't try to start the motors with the CSC manoeuver : it doesn't work :) . Only automatic take off. Conversely, forced landing works if you insist on the left stick down. If you were flying Litchi waypoint missions with your DJI drones, buy the add-on "Flight Plan" and let me know if you are interested in the conversion of your saved Litchi missions to Flight Plan missions.

I'm also new to Anafi but an old DJI's drones user (Phantom 3A and Mavic Pro) that I still use mainly with Litchi App. There is nothing particular to recommand before flying the Anafi. Just become familiar with Free Flight 6 which is pretty different from Go or Go4 (and indeed from Litchi) and don't try to start the motors with the CSC manoeuver : it doesn't work :) . Only automatic take off. Conversely, forced landing works if you insist on the left stick down. If you were flying Litchi waypoint missions with your DJI drones, buy the add-on "Flight Plan" and let me know if you are interested in the conversion of your saved Litchi missions to Flight Plan missions.
I'm interested in converting the Litchi flight plan into a parrot flight plan.
But I'm not just interested ... Open up a new thread to explain this, the community will be grateful to you for reading a post on how to design a flight plan on your computer instead of the tiny phone screen.
The Litchi mission hub is a great flight planning website. If it's convertible for Parrot then it's a great solution.

I'm interested in converting the Litchi flight plan into a parrot flight plan.
But I'm not just interested ... Open up a new thread to explain this, the community will be grateful to you for reading a post on how to design a flight plan on your computer instead of the tiny phone screen.
The Litchi mission hub is a great flight planning website. If it's convertible for Parrot then it's a great solution.

This is already done In Parrots Pilots, here : Translating Litchi missions to Flight Plan (FF6) missions..
This little free program for Windows does not need installation but it needs you have your own Google Maps API key (free) if you want to convert AGL missions exported from the Hub. Its main advantage is it allows to program negative altitudes both for waypoints and POIs (impossible with Flight Plan or I miss something) and, over all, to test your flight by flying it virtually with VLM in Google Earth.
Concerning the Litchi Hub, there is plenty tutorials, videos etc. showing how to use it. Just google it.

For example this mission built in Litchi (and displayed here in VLM) :

1579020281983.png

...And displayed in 3D in google Earth :

1579020508205.png

...will give this once converted in savedPlan.json file for Anafi Flight Plan :

1579020692686.png

A part of the parameters (gimbal angle and angular speed etc.) :

1579031078117.png

This is already done In Parrots Pilots, here : Translating Litchi missions to Flight Plan (FF6) missions..
This little free program for Windows does not need installation but it needs you have your own Google Maps API key (free) if you want to convert AGL missions exported from the Hub. Its main advantage is it allows to program negative altitudes both for waypoints and POIs (impossible with Flight Plan or I miss something) and, over all, to test your flight by flying it virtually with VLM in Google Earth.
Concerning the Litchi Hub, there is plenty tutorials, videos etc. showing how to use it. Just google it.

For example this mission built in Litchi (and displayed here in VLM) :

View attachment 3265

...And displayed in 3D in google Earth :

View attachment 3266

...will give this once converted in savedPlan.json file for Anafi Flight Plan :

View attachment 3267

A part of the parameters (gimbal angle and angular speed etc.) :

View attachment 3269
Thank you for your answer!
I did not see this post because I have Anafi and I have not read the Parrot post yet.
I say make a post about it here under Anafi, so that anyone who is interested in ANAFI will also read it.
Recently, in a post it was mentioned that we can't plan a route on the PC screen ... (they didn't read your post)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator