Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using Bebop 2 for photography and 3D mapping

Arm1nas

Reaction score
Hello, I wonder if I can use the Bebop 2 to sell photography and use 3D mapping with an application like WebODM. I know the recording quality is not very good so I doubt that I would use it, however is the photo quality good enough for that? Just trying to make some money here and seeing if it's possible :D

yes you can. and it has unique strength because of its extra wide angle camera. especially when you take facade.

There is nothing which prevents a Bebop 2 to be used for 3D mapping, I used it myself with webODM with good results. It all depends on the expectation of your clients in the end.

For photography however, I think there are much better alternatives, saving tons of time in postprocessing.

There is nothing which prevents a Bebop 2 to be used for 3D mapping, I used it myself with webODM with good results. It all depends on the expectation of your clients in the end.

For photography however, I think there are much better alternatives, saving tons of time in postprocessing.
Unfortunately I never got webODM work with Bebop 2, I always get distorted maps.

Can you post an example pic? Its most likely a setting within webODM, but you should also assess that your source material (pictures) meets the requirements for proper mapping (having enough overlap etc...).

Oh, what I forgot to mention there is a setting which tells webODM to use fisheye lense recognition, or have you normalised the pictures before uploading?

Oh, what I forgot to mention there is a setting which tells webODM to use fisheye lense recognition, or have you normalised the pictures before uploading?
I did try that, I tried a bunch of options but it was a long time ago, you can checkout my github issue: Distorted map on Parrot Bebop 2 · Issue #1223 · OpenDroneMap/WebODM
I also tried to build a map later with like 20 pictures (or 80% overlapp setting in Pix4DCapture), but the result was the same.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem