Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vertical Camera error

luicpd

Reaction score
Hello everyone . I have an issue with my Anafi, I am getting a vertical camera failure and don't know how to fix it. Any advice?

There are only two options. First is take it a part and re-seat the cable going to the vertical camera and hope it gets fixed or return\exchange the drone. No software or setting in the App will fix this problem.

Vertical camera error fixed...

This error came up after my Anafi fell 60ft from the sky and landed on grass?

I decided to tackle the problem myself with help from previous posts and links from this forum?

I got the motherboard off and carefully bent back the metal tab holding the vertical camera connector on the motherboard.

Lifted connector off and two tiny bits of plastic fell out. I've attached pics to show the pieces, managed to super glue one piece on but the other piece broke in half and no way I could glue it...so superglued the connector and seated it on the motherboard and put small piece of cork under the metal tab to secure it.

Resembled, fingers crossed and problem fixed?

I wouldn't off done it if Anafi was in warranty but you will need a steady hand, good light, maybe glasses and dont rush it...

Here's the links

Parrot Official › filesPDF
Repair Guide for ANAFI - Parrot

Now I just have to find out why it dropped from the sky?
Hope it helps someone else out?

Attachments

• 20200225_112858.jpg
    20200225_112858.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • 20200225_113703.jpg
    20200225_113703.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 107
  • 20200225_131509.jpg
    20200225_131509.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • 20200225_121637.jpg
    20200225_121637.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 110
Oh dear, not good at all that...... How old is the device? might be time to look around for spares on eBay.... Sorry to see this, I feel your pain and frustration.

Sorry just seen your other post. Glad to see yo sorted it, Glue guns are worth their weight i gold :)

Reactions: Top Drone
Reboot did not work for me recently. I was about to take the drone apart. Instead I just tapped on the vertical camera lightly, then turned it in. That did the trick, for now at least.

Vertical camera error fixed...

This error came up after my Anafi fell 60ft from the sky and landed on grass?

I decided to tackle the problem myself with help from previous posts and links from this forum?

I got the motherboard off and carefully bent back the metal tab holding the vertical camera connector on the motherboard.

Lifted connector off and two tiny bits of plastic fell out. I've attached pics to show the pieces, managed to super glue one piece on but the other piece broke in half and no way I could glue it...so superglued the connector and seated it on the motherboard and put small piece of cork under the metal tab to secure it.

Resembled, fingers crossed and problem fixed?

I wouldn't off done it if Anafi was in warranty but you will need a steady hand, good light, maybe glasses and dont rush it...

Here's the links

Parrot Official › filesPDF
Repair Guide for ANAFI - Parrot

Now I just have to find out why it dropped from the sky?
Hope it helps someone else out?
Just curious when you have this error does the main camera show a feed in the app? My crash was about 8 ft and I get the vertical camera error but I also do not get any main camera feed. The calibration of the camera does work but no image. I will check the connection of the vertical cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem