Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video feed freezes after 1 minute

laotzu

Reaction score
All firmware and ff6 are latest update.

Video feed freezes in less than 1 minute and becomes white noise.

Wifi remains connected, take off and recording still possible, only with the white noise on screen. Need to reboot SC to get reconnected, and the freeze repeats.

Only happens with exiting phone which have been using without any issue in the past. But using 2 other phones work ok. Direct connection from existing phone with anafi also works fine.

Have done the following but still could not resolve.

1. Reset anafi/Sc
2. Uninstall and reinstall ff6 (delete parrot folder in android)
3. Airplane mode
4. Restart phone

What could be wrong?

All firmware and ff6 are latest update.

Video feed freezes in less than 1 minute and becomes white noise.

Wifi remains connected, take off and recording still possible, only with the white noise on screen. Need to reboot SC to get reconnected, and the freeze repeats.

Only happens with exiting phone which have been using without any issue in the past. But using 2 other phones work ok. Direct connection from existing phone with anafi also works fine.

Have done the following but still could not resolve.

1. Reset anafi/Sc
2. Uninstall and reinstall ff6 (delete parrot folder in android)
3. Airplane mode
4. Restart phone

What could be wrong?
That sounds like issue with you phone #1 charging port(dirty,damaged) or it could be usb cable.....you dont have issues with two other phones so i dont think its Skycontroller3 usb port....try different cable first,check phones charging port for dirt

It happens before takeoff during initial connection.

Tested with other usb cables, same result.

There is video feed, each time it lasts for only less than a minute.

Phone charging port. Let me check how to clean it

I use mini tooth brush used to clean between teeth ??

Attachments

• A20B156F-D0F3-4B04-B851-EADBEEEF338C.jpeg
    A20B156F-D0F3-4B04-B851-EADBEEEF338C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • D025A2B3-98C1-4FFD-AF29-B49374017C1E.jpeg
    D025A2B3-98C1-4FFD-AF29-B49374017C1E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Cleaned usb port with alchohol but still the same.

On each cable plug in the video last for 20-30 seconds. Very strange behavior.

Since recent update I have experience similar issue with video feed, freezing, stuttering, lagging - with solid Wifi connection
Not to the degree you're having though. This is with a drone that had been grounded since February due to being locked out of FCC mode
Originally though it was camera failing but recording on sandisk is fine
It has happened on two separate phones & different cables - different degrees
I have a spare controller I have not tried yet so need to do additional troubleshooting steps
Odd it has happened in very close proximity to me, but have not spent much time and just a few flights
I did do a couple screen recordings
I'll report back once I can perform additional testing

Is the phone cleaned from any residual files/cache by just uninstalling ff6 ?

Reinstalling ff6 not working as well.

Flied smoothly with a backup phone without any issue.

Wonder if other Apps in the main phone is interfering with the ff6 video feed? There was no such issue since flying from bebop2.

When you clear out Freeflight 6 prior to install again, are you:

Removing the OBB folder and file from the file system (Device Storage -> Android -> OBB -> Parrot.....etc).
Rebooting prior to install

What version of Android is your phone running on?

After uninstall I checked the obb file is no longer there.

Galaxy note8 Android 9.

Your Note 8 should be able to handle anything FF6 throws at it, but I wonder if there is some odd setting on the system, that might be having an issue with the video feed.

I know its not always possible as it may be your main phone, but a factory reset, followed by software update check, and then install FF6 before anything else, and then see if FF6 shows the same issue.

Main phone reset is too much pain as it is the daily driver.

Tested the main phone with bebop2/Sc2. The video feed is working smoothly in ff pro.

Only ff6 with anafi produces freezing screen since yesterday.

I appreciate the daily driver, and it is a pain doing a full reset when it is the one.

Bear in mind that the Anafi has probably got higher video and processor demands than the BeBop.

If I wasn't to reset, then I would be removing all applications that I have not used in the last month or so, even doing a recovery reboot and clearing Dalvik cache as well. Seems like something is dragging it down on running FF6.

Not sure if the Note 8 is on the approved list, but am sure there must be others using it as the screen is fantastic in bright sunlight, think its something like 1200 nits, we certainly use them on the DJI side.

I had to retire my Nexus 7 with the Anafi, yet it still performs great with the DJI..... All about different demands on the system.

Even I deleted the folders below and reinstalled ff6, the preset, interface and safety settings still follow the previous ones, it does not start as fresh.

The 2 folders are
Android->obb->com.parrot.freeflight6
Android->data->com.parrot.freeflight6

Are the settings still hiding somewhere else?

I believe there is a further location, but accessing it means you would need to have root access to the device. Also, if you have an SD card installed, dont forget to also check that location.

To the OP - When the video feed disappears does the telemetry from the Drone also freeze?

If so, it would point to a bad USB connection rather than a software related problem.

The telemetry still displaying. I can fly it like normal. Control gimbal. Control video recording from the App. Both controller and drone are in green color. They are connected.

Just the sceen freezes very soon and turns into white noise.

I suspected it to be phone USB. But the phone does not have this freeze issue when tested with bebop2/SC2, it also uses the same phone usb port.

I suspected it to be phone USB. But the phone does not have this freeze issue when tested with bebop2/SC2, it also uses the same phone usb port.

Again... The Anafi has different demands on the processor and memory of the phone, than the Bebop does, hence why some older phones wont even run Freeflight 6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood