Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video recording problems

Lestat

Reaction score
some times when i am recording footage and the 4gig file limit is reached i get what looks like a couple of frames that are corrupted on the next file the anafi creates
is this normal?

i am using a SanDisk Ultra 128gb would i be better off getting a SanDisk Extreme 128gb?
the sd card was formatted in the anafi on the latest firmware

when it dose happen its only 1 or 2 frames but makes the footage look bad / not continues when editing back together
the last recording was at 23.9 fps in 4K and plog the drone was doing a 9 min flight plan at the time

some times when i am recording footage and the 4gig file limit is reached i get what looks like a couple of frames that are corrupted on the next file the anafi creates
is this normal?

i am using a SanDisk Ultra 128gb would i be better off getting a SanDisk Extreme 128gb?
the sd card was formatted in the anafi on the latest firmware

when it dose happen its only 1 or 2 frames but makes the footage look bad / not continues when editing back together
the last recording was at 23.9 fps in 4K and plog the drone was doing a 9 min flight plan at the time
I observed the same issue with some footage I took mid July. However I had also upgraded my video editor software since last editing any footage. I still have the original source files from a bunch of previous flights, so I'm planning to look at them and see if the issue appeared around a certain period.

I may also be using a different sd card (but I still have both the supplied card and the card I bought originally - from which I've previously viewed footage without issue). Basically further testing needed to have a clearer idea of whether the drone is the problem!

Pretty sure I've seen a couple of people on here mention the same issue.

Reactions: Lestat
am tempted to get a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128gb card as they are only £26 on amazon at the minuet
but don't want to change the card if its not going to make any difference

Just spent a little while looking into this.

For me, this started happening between late April and the 1st June -as I have footage from 20th April that is fine, then footage on 1st June (and all subsequent footage) exhibits this behaviour.

The behaviour has remained with different SD cards as well, my older footage was on a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro that I bought when I got the drone (mid 2018) while recently I bought a 64GB Sandisk Extreme and had been trying that instead (so my clips from late June onwards were on this card). I normally record in 4K, but I've even got a 1080P clip from end June that also exhibits the same issue - so I can't see the issue being SD card related as both those cards should be more than capable of recording 1080P streams and I have older clips from the Extreme Pro card which are fine, yet newer clips on the same card aren't.

I'm going to look through the forum and see if I can find mentions of App/firmware updates in the period around late April/May - as this seems to be when mine has started having this issue.

Just spent a little while looking into this.

For me, this started happening between late April and the 1st June -as I have footage from 20th April that is fine, then footage on 1st June (and all subsequent footage) exhibits this behaviour.

The behaviour has remained with different SD cards as well, my older footage was on a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro that I bought when I got the drone (mid 2018) while recently I bought a 64GB Sandisk Extreme and had been trying that instead (so my clips from late June onwards were on this card). I normally record in 4K, but I've even got a 1080P clip from end June that also exhibits the same issue - so I can't see the issue being SD card related as both those cards should be more than capable of recording 1080P streams and I have older clips from the Extreme Pro card which are fine, yet newer clips on the same card aren't.

I'm going to look through the forum and see if I can find mentions of App/firmware updates in the period around late April/May - as this seems to be when mine has started having this issue.
Firmware Timeline:Timeline_20190627.PNG

Thanks Dirk, saved me hunting!

From that list and my file dates it appears my issue came with the 6.5.x/1.5.x updates in early May - from then on I get these bad frames at the start of subsequent video files that extend over the 4Gb limit for a single file. I plan on doing some more experimenting just with the drone sitting recording video and trying different video modes/sd card combos to see if it happens all the time.

I'd be interested to see if any others on here are having (or not having) the same issues - maybe it's a sign of a defective drone, or maybe I need to factory reset everything/wipe cards and try then.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
will try the same just checking my last footage and it changes to the next file around the 6,30 mark

this has only happened a couple of time for me

the previous recording was deleted from the sd card using the pc while the anafi was plugged in to the usb (i don't take the card out of the anafi) and the card was not reformatted don`t know if this will make any difference

Last edited:
have tried
4k 24 fps pro white balance
4k 24 fps auto white balance
4k 30 fps pro white balance sd card erased by the anafi
4k 30 fps pro white balance sd card formatted (quick) in the anafi

all have the glitch when starting the second file

after a factory reset of the anafi and a full format of the sd card in the anafi i am still getting the same problem

i have sent parrot an email will report here if i get a response

Reactions: MrWhippy
have tried
4k 24 fps pro white balance
4k 24 fps auto white balance
4k 30 fps pro white balance sd card erased by the anafi
4k 30 fps pro white balance sd card formatted (quick) in the anafi

all have the glitch when starting the second file

after a factory reset of the anafi and a full format of the sd card in the anafi i am still getting the same problem

i have sent parrot an email will report here if i get a response
you've obviously got more free time than me!. I got sidetracked with having to do some work, so haven't yet managed to let my drone sit recording in the different formats etc (but based on my historical recordings I'm expecting it to not make any difference what resolution or card I try - as long as it records onto a second file I expect to get the bad frames at the start.

a week of work and had a couple of hours spare
not sure what other tests to try cant see there being any difference

Last edited:
I will try at 1440p and 1080 have not tried it yet as I was not going to record under 4k

Ok, I've tried some tests, all using my fastest SD card which I've used to record 4K Anafi video perfectly fine prior to a couple of months ago.

4K 30 FPS - left it running long enough to span 4 individual files, files 2, 3 + 4 all have corrupt frames at the start
2.7K 30 FPS - left it running to span 3 files, file 2 has corrupt frames (fewer than 4K videos), file 3 seems ok
1080P 30 FPS - spanned 3 files (somewhat unrealistic scenario as thats 45mins of video!), again file 2 has corrupt frames but file 3 seems ok.

I think I'll repeat the tests with my other slightly slower SD card (Extreme rather than Extreme Pro) and see what I get - expecting much the same again.

Reactions: MustangPhil
one thing i have tried is uploading the unedited footage to you tube to share on here so every one could see the corrupted couple of seconds but when it plays back on you tube the corrupted part is gone
now they may cut the 1st couple of seconds or could it be that i have a problem driver on my pc that is making to file appear corrupted

can confirm with MrWhippy that 1080p 30fps i still get the corruption

i have also downloaded the footage back form you tube and it has cut the 1st couple of seconds off

Hello all
I'm experiencing a different problem that is most likely related to the problems you are discussing here.
Very recently - since May 17 - I have run into a nasty problem:
When editing a video the first 4GB section is OK, but all following sections are not directly usable in Adobe Premiere. They become completely useless, distorted, each frame (not only the first) is broken up in two sections, with completely wrong colors.
The strange thing is on all my other other devices and players I don't see this problem at all. With the help of the little Machete program I have found an easy work around. However, the transition is not as seamless as it used to be.
Something must have happened during one of the latest firmware updates (or - unlikely - my camera is faulty).
Before May 12 2ü19 I have never had this problem.
Tried to reset everything, reformatted the SD card, used another SD that always worked... No improvement. My conclusion is that something goes wrong in my current Anafi firmware when the second clip is being recorded. Unfortunately can't go back to an earlier firmware
A few days ago I had parts of this my problem mentioned in the section which editing software are you using,

I can confirm this as well - it looks like the video does not split on an header or I frame in old language.

So the first few frames of the new file is no good. I.E. until you get a reference frame in the file.

I tested with my other SD card, 4K, 2.7K, 1080P all had bad frames on at least some of the additional clips. Pretty sure this is a firmware bug from the drone, only thing I haven't tried myself is factory resetting it.

I've also installed DaVinci resolve (have previously been using Hitfilm Express for editing), and it also shows the duff frames so it's not software/driver etc on pc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking