Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video wobble/jello. Could it be a battery problem?

ROBANAFI

Reaction score

I noticed something strange when flying the other day. The video was a bit wobbly, i've noticed this before and just put it down to the conditions. But on this flight i'd done two passes of the same spot within 10 minutes but on two different batteries, 1st clip is fine but the 2nd is terrible. I did notice its fine going forwards/backwards so it could be an image stabilisation problem. Its definitely not the props but its strange how on one battery i didn't get the wobble. i probably need to number my battery's(noob mistake) and see if it happens again

I noticed something strange when flying the other day. The video was a bit wobbly, i've noticed this before and just put it down to the conditions. But on this flight i'd done two passes of the same spot within 10 minutes but on two different batteries, 1st clip is fine but the 2nd is terrible. I did notice its fine going forwards/backwards so it could be an image stabilisation problem. Its definitely not the props but its strange how on one battery i didn't get the wobble. i probably need to number my battery's(noob mistake) and see if it happens again
The jello effect is always caused by vibration. I experienced it once when I was flying in race mode. These vibrations are absorbed by the rubber mounts that suspend the gimbal, but not always ... If the speed (engine speed) reaches a certain value, the camera may vibrate.

Reactions: vintorez
Very common when flying near lakes,ponds,rivers,you can het sudden bursts of wind hitting drone,gimbal and digital stabilization in camera is not able to compensate...easiest way to check is to add telemetry to video,you can see every movement of drone and you can compare it when jello happens

Reactions: ROBANAFI
The jello effect is always caused by vibration. I experienced it once when I was flying in race mode. These vibrations are absorbed by the rubber mounts that suspend the gimbal, but not always ... If the speed (engine speed) reaches a certain value, the camera may vibrate.

Both of these flights were in the same flying mode(sport). I think i need to look into it more but its strange that it was fine on battery 1 but not on battery 2.

Rob, If Gipsz Jakab is correct and it is resonant frequencies of the motors/propellers causing the camera shake then the speed of the propellers would have to vary between flights, due to atmosheric conditions, to cause the jello. A change in flying weight might cause it but the batteries should both weigh the same. Can you see from the videos whether the shutter speed changed between flights as that could be a contributory factor.

Can you see from the videos whether the shutter speed changed between flights as that could be a contributory factor.

Thanks. How would i find this out after the flight? The shutter speed probably did change because on the 2nd flight the sun had come out from behind the clouds a bit.

I don't know whether the shutter speed is in the exif data or just the fps (I am not at my PC at tte moment). If the sun came out then I would have expected a faster shutter speed and therefore less jello.

I don't know whether the shutter speed is in the exif data or just the fps (I am not at my PC at tte moment). If the sun came out then I would have expected a faster shutter speed and therefore less jello.

Cheers i'll have a look when i get home.

Can you see from the videos whether the shutter speed changed between flights as that could be a contributory factor.

I have just checked and the shutter speed is not recorded in the video under properties only the frame rate.
Exiftool also cannot see the shutter speed. I assume that the Anafi does not embed it in the video header.

Last edited:

If you want fix this problem:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k