Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is the connection between drone and RC?

Shiningmonk

Reaction score
Sorry that this is a very basic question but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else and/or people that have answered it on other forums haven't given clear answers.

So, when I connect my mobile phone to my drone and don't use the remote controller, the connection between phone and drone is wifi, which means it's limited by the constraints of wifi, i.e. up to 100 metres and subject to interference from other sources.

But, when I connect my mobile phone to the remote controller by USB (or Bluetooth) and connect the remote controller to the drone, my drone distance suddenly increases to 1 to 2 km. Is this still a wifi connection or is it something else, e.g. radio wave? If it is still wifi, then how is it so much more than phone to drone?

Its still WiFi just much more powerful antenae with increased signal strength 2.4Ghz wiill give you best range. This is why you need to be careful with all the other 2.4Ghz traffic however, Anafi is smart enough to stop if it has range problems and come home. There used to be a RTH delay in safety as well as RTH height however do not see anymore. Make sure there is nothing between you and drone if you use RTH its not smart and will fly right into tree so make sure you are open area,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibrah99