Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what video editor do you use?

davyg

Reaction score
I have been an Adobe Premiere user for over 20 years now, but just this weekend I discovered another powerfully featured NLE by the name of "Davinci Resolve 16"... having played around with this editor for a few days now and all I can say is that this is a really capable and user friendly piece of software....coupled with the fact that there are 2 versions, the studio version that retails at $299 and the FREE version!, I am seriously contemplating jumping ship here, as I am not a fan of Adobe's monthly pricing structure nor the buggy releases of their software.....

so, what are you peeps using to edit your Anafi videos.....:)

I been using Davinci Resolve for years. Its a learning curve but there are a lot of good tutorials on Youtube.
I also like Adobe Premiere but my computer does not like it to much as I have to use the Proxy mode when doing 4K. I use Davinci Resolve for color grading mostly as that was its main use in the industry but has grown way past that.

Reactions: Thanev
Davinci Resolve is also free, no way you would ever need the paid version unless you work in Hollywood making movies :sneaky:

Have been using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum for many years - was originally 'Sony' but now 'Magix'.

Agree, all of these products involve a learning curve and I guess I'm not prepared to invest the time changing now that I've got experience with one!

VMS Platinum gets a full update about once a year, and I think it's worth the price - somewhere between 20 and 40 GBP depending on which offer you get and also what currency you pay in!!

I'm using Premiere Pro CS6 (6.05).
Yes, it was a learning curve, but I can now say that I like it and have no desire to change.
I don't like the ongoing fees for the cloud based services of Adobe.
Very recently however, I have run into a nasty problem:
When editing a video the first 4GB section is OK, but all following sections are not directly usable in
Premiere. They are completely useless, distorted, each frame is broken up in two sections, with completely wrong colors.
On all my other other devices and players I don't see this problem at all. With the help of the little Machete program I have found an easy work around. Something must have happened during one of the latest firmware updates (or there is a fault in the camera)
Is anyone out there who experiences this problem as well?

I'm using Vegas Pro.
Humble bundle periodically sells(once or twice a year) Vegas pro for only $20~25.

Learned on Premier back in the 90s, lately been using the free app kdenlive on linux.

It covers everything I need to do, and I think skills from premier translate pretty well to it.

Just got a raspberry pi 4 (4gb) which now has support for 4k h265 hardware decode ( but only 1080p h264 encode and decode hardware, software will do it all in 4k but takes forever, like .2 frames per second, as in one frame every 5 seconds ). Does let me use kdenlive on pretty much the cheapest possible hardware.

Always been an Premier user, but recently switched to Resolve 16 - and while there is learning curve for the fusion/compositing stuff - drone & DSLR footage editing and color grading is just so much quicker than on the Adobe stuff!!

It just handles 4K so much better on my machine (thanks to the Nvidia GTX2070 GPU!!!).

I use adobe Premier "Elements", the cheaper version of Premier. I have mixed feelings about it, it seems clunky but I don't have much to compare it to. But the price is cheap so I like it for now.

I use adobe Premier "Elements", the cheaper version of Premier. I have mixed feelings about it, it seems clunky but I don't have much to compare it to. But the price is cheap so I like it for now.

have a look at the FREE version of Davinci Resolve....

This software is a game-changer. It's incredibly powerful and surprisingly user-friendly. I've been exploring its features for a few days now, and it has exceeded my expectations. By the way, I came across this helpful article on video editor interview questions that aided me in finding a skilled individual to edit my YouTube videos. It's incredible how such resources can lead us to the perfect fit!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar