Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

While on the ground, before takeoff, wrong distance measurement

vekthor

Reaction score
Hi all

Lately i´ve noticed that the Anafi shows fluctuating distance variance from 10m, 6m, 12m, etc, while still on the ground, before takeoff.
I noticed this particulary after the latest firmware update, never seen that before.

Altitude value is normal, always at zero.
Experient pilot, everything is calibrated, reset, latest FW and App on an IOS dexicated device, no bloatware.

Just posting to check if i´m alone on this, or if anyone else noticed it. Will add photos/screencap later on.

Thank you

Distance will be computed from GPS coordinates of both, controller and Anafi. It takes time until enough samples are received to get correct coordinates. This will also influenced by differnent local receiving conditions (number of sats with good signals, multi-path, radio shadow areas, ...).
See more: https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

What you observe is what I would expect from theory...

br HE

Reactions: vekthor
Hi h-elsner

Well, that explains it. Thank You for taking the time to explain it to me.
Perhaps it always happened and I simply missed it, didn´t notice it.

Well keep an eye

Thanks again ;)

?

Distance will be computed from GPS coordinates of both, controller and Anafi. It takes time until enough samples are received to get correct coordinates. This will also influenced by differnent local receiving conditions (number of sats with good signals, multi-path, radio shadow areas, ...).
See more: GPS.gov: GPS Accuracy

What you observe is what I would expect from theory...

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh