Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wild/feral hogs

justDee

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Talking about a skittish animal in the wild. Feral hogs are a problem in Texas, as in most of the south, and their numbers haven't grown due to a lack of intelligence. They are smart and extremely wary animals, they rarely venture out in the open during the day and will run for cover at the slightest odd sound or smell.
I was fortunate to have my Anafi airborne already when I captured this footage. I thought I'd launch the drone and try some slow motion filming out across the trees behind my house. As I was making my way back to the house I flew the Anafi across the open field and unbeknownst to me at the time, there were several hogs in the field. I actually did not see the hogs on the screen of my iPhone XS, but rather when I looked towards the direction of the drown to see if I could see it, I saw the black spots in the field, and knew they were hogs. I stopped filming in 4K and turned around to see if I could get them on film. I believe I went into 2.7K, 24 fps, for this footage?
While filming in 4k, the drone was probably close to 200 feet in altitude? Once I switched to 2.7K and started to concentrate on the hogs, I dropped the drone down to around 50 feet and started moving closer. It's hard to tell the distance between the drone and the hogs, but I'd say it was 40 -50 yards at 50 feet and I could tell they 'knew' something was odd. I know they could hear it, just weren't spooked enough to run. I decided to go higher and stopped around 125 feet and eventually hovered directly overhead, using the zoom to get closer.
At about 40% battery, I turned her for home. Hogs still eating peacefully in the field.

Love my Anafi for filming wildlife.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01