Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wonderwalls Festival 2019

Did you make these from the DNGs or are they jpgs from the camera untouched? I’m off to capture similar subjects but mine are unauthorized train car art. Everyone is stunned at the quality and perspective I’m able to achieve with my Anafi. I’m so happy there is a working lens profile also. I may end up with a gallery exhibit at this rate as my neighbor has a photo studio and is helping me with how to output and print properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Did you make these from the DNGs or are they jpgs from the camera untouched? I’m off to capture similar subjects but mine are unauthorized train car art. Everyone is stunned at the quality and perspective I’m able to achieve with my Anafi. I’m so happy there is a working lens profile also. I may end up with a gallery exhibit at this rate as my neighbor has a photo studio and is helping me with how to output and print properly.

Craig, they are all DNG's, captured using the Natural finish. Here they are as untouched DNG's so you can see how much wiggle room they have & also where I went with regards to editing them. I love the RAW files from the Anafi, if you know how to use it manually, you get great results & very rarely ever need to take multiple exposures, none of these are multiple exposures.

Reactions: FranoKaaf
Yes the pictures are great both technically and as a motif. Personally, I like that of the half arch hall with built-in canapes (shoulders).

And yes, Anafi has a good camera for still pictures as long as there is enough light. Unfortunately, the light is sometimes too weak up here (57 dg N) and then one has to use multi-exposure, HDR etc.

Looking forward to seeing more Alex.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Yes the pictures are great both technically and as a motif. Personally, I like that of the half arch hall with built-in canapes (shoulders).

And yes, Anafi has a good camera for still pictures as long as there is enough light. Unfortunately, the light is sometimes too weak up here (57 dg N) and then one has to use multi-exposure, HDR etc.

Looking forward to seeing more Alex.

Regards, Leif.
That is very true Leif, she's not so good in low-light conditions as a result of using the tiny sensor, especially if you limit her use to ISO 400 so as to not lose any image quality. The light yesterday was perfect, I think. It was overcast, so you had enough illumination, but without any hard shadows or hotspots on the buildings & structures that the art was being created on.

The image of the wrens is an interesting one, I arrived as the artist was packing up, so I had to very quickly choose my angle & point of view for this scene. I liked this particular point of view as it highlighted the unusual nature of the building as well as showing glimpses of earlier murals in that immediate vicinity from previous Wonderwalls events. I'm going back on Monday & Tuesday to capture more of these murals with my camera & the Anafi. There is a lot of building happening here as the area transitions from commercial to residential & a lot of the murals will eventually not be visible as a result of infill residential developments.

I'm glad that you enjoyed them! :)

Reactions: Landbo
That is very true Leif, she's not so good in low-light conditions as a result of using the tiny sensor, especially if you limit her use to ISO 400 so as to not lose any image quality. The light yesterday was perfect, I think. It was overcast, so you had enough illumination, but without any hard shadows or hotspots on the buildings & structures that the art was being created on.

The image of the wrens is an interesting one, I arrived as the artist was packing up, so I had to very quickly choose my angle & point of view for this scene. I liked this particular point of view as it highlighted the unusual nature of the building as well as showing glimpses of earlier murals in that immediate vicinity from previous Wonderwalls events. I'm going back on Monday & Tuesday to capture more of these murals with my camera & the Anafi. There is a lot of building happening here as the area transitions from commercial to residential & a lot of the murals will eventually not be visible as a result of infill residential developments.

I'm glad that you enjoyed them! :)

Yes it is almost impossible to make a good picture in strong sunshine. It always ends up being a color/B/W image one can hardly use because of the deep shadows.

I was out at a stream today and trying to make some long exposure with my ND 400 filter. Unfortunately, it blew so much that all the trees and withered grass became more washed out than the water I actually would photograph. But the weather was good, about 10 degrees and overcast.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I like how the arc of our lens is actually useful. Many of my train shots take advantage of that look. I’ll post some of them later. The choice of removing the lens look with profiles allows you to choose which one you prefer. I often times just hit auto on photo shop for white balance and color correction and it looks just fine. For me, the ability to get these different angles between height and gimbal tilt are the best tools the Anafi offers. I don’t care about distance and speed as this is a camera to me that happens to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peacefulparrots76