Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wrong choice and looking for a solution

karkhaneh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am happy that I joined this active forum.

The story is: I am an enthusiast about flying drones. I started to read about them and I selected Anafi as my drone. I bought one and I tried it. It is a good drone but it was a wrong choice!
It was not designed for my purpose. It would be very king of you guys if anyone guide me to select a drone.
My purpose is to fly a drone in nature and mountains and probe any small cave or fly high to see things like nests on stone walls or probe my way through trails to find better ways for climbing. I need a decent camera but not 4k or HQ. I just want to see the way by a goggle clearly. And also a reasonable flight time is very favorable.
Hope this long list dose not bother you ;)
To sum up, I would like to acquire a drone which cope with those conditions but could not find a good review to help me correct selection. Most of them are commercials.
I hope someone can help me with a name and brand of goggle and drone with decent camera and decent flight time+range.
Cheers.

If I am understanding you correctly, and I may not be, one of the problems that you have with the Anafi is the quality of the video displayed on the phone/tablet. If this is correct then I think that you will have yo spend a large amount of money to get a significant increase in screen resolution. You mention flying high but you will find that most of the non-toy grade drones have some altitude restriction built in to limit them to about 400 feet above launch. You do not say where in the world you are based so flying above this limit may be legal in your country. Having said that there are ways and means to fly above the manufacturers altitude limit but these depend on the make and model of the drone.

If you are also flying in restricted spaces e.g. trails where you do not have line of sight contact with the drone then you may wish to consider other models that have obstacle avoidance on-board although even with the latest technology the avoidance systems are not 100% reliable.

I would suggest that you list out you requirements for a drone to suit your needs e.g. high resolution display, obstacle avoidance etc. And then do some research into what fits those needs. You also do not say what your budget is but those features do not come cheap.

Mavic 2 Zoom seems like a good candidate. Either with a good large tablet or the DJI goggles.

Hi everyone,

I am happy that I joined this active forum.

The story is: I am an enthusiast about flying drones. I started to read about them and I selected Anafi as my drone. I bought one and I tried it. It is a good drone but it was a wrong choice!
It was not designed for my purpose. It would be very king of you guys if anyone guide me to select a drone.
My purpose is to fly a drone in nature and mountains and probe any small cave or fly high to see things like nests on stone walls or probe my way through trails to find better ways for climbing. I need a decent camera but not 4k or HQ. I just want to see the way by a goggle clearly. And also a reasonable flight time is very favorable.
Hope this long list dose not bother you ;)
To sum up, I would like to acquire a drone which cope with those conditions but could not find a good review to help me correct selection. Most of them are commercials.
I hope someone can help me with a name and brand of goggle and drone with decent camera and decent flight time+range.
Cheers.
Hello and welcome to the forum,

I own several drones, the Anafi, Bebop2 and Mavic 2 Pro. For the reasons you described, wanting to probe into rock caves, decent fly time and range the Mavic 2 Pro fits your needs perfectly. I too search rock caves, searching for pictographs left behind by Native Americans.

The Mavic 2 Pro Camera allows more light in areas with poor low light visualuabliy, it’s hovering abilities at great distances is solid especially in tight areas. It’s range is untouchable, hands down Mavic 2 Pro is my best drone for my type of research searching for Native American villages.

Both the Anafi and Bebop 2 with Power Battery are great drones, I use them both for research. But camera wise, and needing a drone to maneuver in tight areas especially needing a strong signal to prevent disconnect the Mavic 2 Pro is what you need.

The Mavic 2 Zoom is great as well, but in areas with low light I would prefer using the Mavic 2 Pro due to its larger camera. I’ve actually flown inside rock caves several feet, viewing pictographs on sides of rock caves from a mile distance. As long as the drone is in direct position, you can maneuver the drone in these rough terrain conditions with no disconnect.

For mountain terrain trails, again the Mavic 2 Pro even the Mavic 2 Zoom will do well in these areas. I auctually fly with sensors off in tight areas, allows me to maneuver in areas to get that great shot.

Wishing you the best with your adventurious hobby, I think you’ll do well exploring areas with a top end drone.

Paul

Reactions: Thanev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood