Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yaw issue ... real danger.

Rexgallorum

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!

Did anyone else notice what I experienced this morning?

Left stick all the way down,
right stick all the way forward:

Anafi yaws without control left and right.

In other words:
pitch" all the way down
+ "movement" all the way forward...

Anafi rotates on Z axis without any reason, "nose" pointing to the left and then to the right, maintaining the main direction.

Pre-take-off calibration performed ... no wind at all ... Anafi and controller updated ... iOS app up to date.

Do you have any ideas? ???
Bugs on the new firmwares?

Please find below a link to a YouTube video which can better explain my problem...

Yaw issue

Yaw issue 2

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I've experienced the same thing in wind. No wind at ground level doesn't mean no wind at flight height. UAV Forecast app usually gives a good advice of the expectable windspeeds at various altitudes.
As discussed in the FreeFlight6 Mod topic, the new 6.6.5 version of Freeflight app and the 1.6.4 version of the Anafi firmware itself seems to cause some problems for some users. This issue of yours might be caused because of the new firmware. I'm not sure if it's possible to roll back to a different version off Freeflight on iOS, but if it is, then try that.
As a precaution, try to record your screen while flying until this issue gets fixed, so you have proof if something happens.

Reactions: Zigzag84
Hello everyone!!!

In other words:
pitch" all the way down

Anafi rotates on Z axis without any reason, "nose" pointing to the left and then to the right, maintaining the main direction.

Pre-take-off calibration performed ... no wind at all ... Anafi and controller updated ... iOS app up to date.

Please find below a link to a YouTube video which can better explain my problem...

Yaw issue

Yaw issue 2

Thank you!!!

Did you by chance install:

Latest version of FF6 ending in RC1 ?
Latest firmware for the Anafi 1.64 ?

Did you by chance install:

Latest version of FF6 ending in RC1 ?
Latest firmware for the Anafi 1.64 ?

Hi my friends!
Yes, all the versions are at their latest release: Anafi, controller and iPhone app have been updated as soon as Parrot released the updates.

Reactions: Zigzag84
Yep so looking like yet another issue with 1.64. This is turning out to be a right piece of rubbish of a release, so many people having various issues, and some very catastrophic.

Reactions: Rexgallorum
Yep so looking like yet another issue with 1.64. This is turning out to be a right piece of rubbish of a release, so many people having various issues, and some very catastrophic.

Hi my friend...

So do you think it is a firmware issue...?

Or do you suggest me to sent this Anafi to Parrot for support?

I talked with them by mail and after some analysis of my pictures, clips and logs, they said me that the drone is perfect, and that they didn't find any faulty element on the drone.

I don't really know what to do: if I sent my Anafi to the support...it will take up to 40 days to come back home... :(

And if it was only a firmware bug? ;(

Hello everyone!!!

In other words:
pitch" all the way down

Yaw issue

Yaw issue 2

Thank you!!!
Is it caused by real drone movement or electronic stabilization?
Was the drone moving? Or did you notice it only in the video?

Yep, this latest release is garbage. Updated my Anafi and took it for a short test flight. Initially all was well when I noticed that right at 400AGL the bird started doing some weird yaw issues. No prob, descend and should clear up-right? Nope, immediately lose connection (even though I had good line of sight and only 400 feet away) and it goes into RTH. Once it was over me I cancelled RTH and then the bird wouldn't respond. Just hovered about 100 feet above me. Finally get it to respond to auto land and it came screaming down. The pause button on the control didn't work and no inputs on the sticks had any effect. Bird hit the ground so hard it broke the left front arm.

I am going to order a new arm off of Amazon and fix it myself (Don't even want to deal with Parrot CS at this point) but if I get this bird flying again I will not trust it. My Autel EVO is my go-to bird now. Rock solid, dependable, never had ant weird flight behaviors, every update has been seamless and trouble free.

Yep, this latest release is garbage. Updated my Anafi and took it for a short test flight. Initially all was well when I noticed that right at 400AGL the bird started doing some weird yaw issues. No prob, descend and should clear up-right? Nope, immediately lose connection (even though I had good line of sight and only 400 feet away) and it goes into RTH. Once it was over me I cancelled RTH and then the bird wouldn't respond. Just hovered about 100 feet above me. Finally get it to respond to auto land and it came screaming down. The pause button on the control didn't work and no inputs on the sticks had any effect. Bird hit the ground so hard it broke the left front arm.

I am going to order a new arm off of Amazon and fix it myself (Don't even want to deal with Parrot CS at this point) but if I get this bird flying again I will not trust it. My Autel EVO is my go-to bird now. Rock solid, dependable, never had ant weird flight behaviors, every update has been seamless and trouble free.

Hi Divepanama, so do you think my odd-yaw is a firmware problem?

I do not know if it would be right to send my Anafi back to Parrot to have a warranty check...or if it would be better to wait the next firmware update which could solve this issue.

As they said.. If I sent my drone to Parrot it will take about 4/5 weeks for my Anafi to come back home... :(

I do not know if it would be right to send my Anafi back to Parrot to have a warranty check...or if it would be better to wait the next firmware update which could solve this issue.

As they said.. If I sent my drone to Parrot it will take about 4/5 weeks for my Anafi to come back home... :(
Before sending it back, find out that the wind may not have been the fault.
Fly low in a windless location and try again to cause the problem. If there is no problem then the wind can do it.
Lots of time and money to send back and if the wind was responsible then they won't find anything ...

Before sending it back, find out that the wind may not have been the fault.
Fly low in a windless location and try again to cause the problem. If there is no problem then the wind can do it.
Lots of time and money to send back and if the wind was responsible then they won't find anything ...

I am sure it's not depending on the wind.
It behave the same way also in no wind condition, so I'd like to know if it is a firmware bug issue or not...but nobody can answer me :(

I am sure it's not depending on the wind.
It behave the same way also in no wind condition, so I'd like to know if it is a firmware bug issue or not...but nobody can answer me :(
Not because nobody dares to update (neither do I).
Other complaints are not recommended for upgrade ...
How did you make sure it wasn't the wind?
There have been many similar videos in the past and the reason was the wind.

Not because nobody dares to update (neither do I).
Other complaints are not recommended for upgrade ...
How did you make sure it wasn't the wind?
There have been many similar videos in the past and the reason was the wind.

Hi mate, I am pretty sure because I flew in different environments and my Anafi act the same way when I ask it the same manoeuver: forwarding when descending gives me this yaw issue.

I tested this behavior in a "Model flying field" with some airspeed indicators...all of them were indicating Almost no wind... :(

Without actually being there to see the conditions you were flying in, it's hard to say the exact cause for you. In my case, I know what the wind conditions were and wind was not the issue. For my bird it was clearly a firmware/software issue.

Something I have noticed over time is that my Anafi's became more wind "sensitive" with each update. With that said, until this latest update, I have never had one of my birds completely stop responding to input commands when connected as this one did on this last flight.

Watching my bird yawing 90-180 degrees at less than 100 feet in no to very low winds and then "land" by screaming in at full speed while refusing any stick commands is clearly a firmware issue.

Without actually being there to see the conditions you were flying in, it's hard to say the exact cause for you. In my case, I know what the wind conditions were and wind was not the issue. For my bird it was clearly a firmware/software issue.

Something I have noticed over time is that my Anafi's became more wind "sensitive" with each update. With that said, until this latest update, I have never had one of my birds completely stop responding to input commands when connected as this one did on this last flight.

Watching my bird yawing 90-180 degrees at less than 100 feet in no to very low winds and then "land" by screaming in at full speed while refusing any stick commands is clearly a firmware issue.

I am thinking to a firmware issue from the very first moment: it is not a good behavior from Parrot to leave its customers in such a situation.
I think I'll never buy anything from them.
This bad support is enough for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood